Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

pet companions

I like to know what pets you have

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

I dont have any.

Tesco think I have a dog because of the amount of food I buy for foxes and hedgehogs.

I also buy a lot of bird food including duck food.

Then of course there are the squirrels.

At least I don't have any vets bills.

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

Wren. Semi trained gun dog but too small to be useful apparently so I took her before her first human shot her. Ace fetcher but I haven't worked out how to make her stop. 

Bran. Great old girl definitely NOT digging in the bushes. Hasn't put a foot wrong in 15 years. Except for yesterday's jam incident and Monday's tins incident and the time she ate the piano......

This is Beatrice modelling some dandelions. My niece wanted a GP and turns out she's allergic! Wren and Bea are great buds. They play chasies! So far so good with the catchies!!!

• Sophie17Sophie17 Posts: 342

imageMy little monsters, they take over the house image

• NanniemoNanniemo Posts: 226

I'm a dog lover but unfortunately don't have any pets as my husband says they're too much of a tie. Not to worry, my eldest son has a livery yard a couple of miles from me and has 7 dogs, the latest one being Rainbow, a French bulldog named by my granddaughter and I get to walk their dogs occasionally image

• plant pauperplant pauper Posts: 6,904

I have a dog minder. If I had children she'd be called a granny! My old girl suffers terribly with separation anxiety so I leave them up every morning and pick them up on the way home when I'm at work. The things you do for love!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • sanjy67sanjy67 Posts: 1,007

i have ralph my rescue staffie, he's 11 this year, here he is wrapped up in winter, he did that all by himself & below enjoying some natural yoghurt, he's partial to tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, carrot peelings & he steals my strawberries in the summer, i've had him ten years and he is just the best, he's great with my grandsons & loves everyone

then i have visitors, my birds & little harvest mice that also use the bird feeders as you can see two of them below, one on each side, the other morning the bird feeders were half full and one was actually inside stuffing his face and occasionally putting his nose out of the hole for air, i released him before he ate himself too fat to get out again.

• Lou12Lou12 Posts: 1,149

Willow, one of my feral cats. She's a bit of a weirdo and sleeps with her arms backwards :-)

Smoky my beautiful boy.

One of my other feral cats, my lovely cuddly Bluebell. She only likes me and my husband though, bites everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.