Start a new thread

1 to 10 of 10 replies

Dovefromabove

A friend (who usually knows what he's talking about) has just posted this on another forum we're both members of:

"...As of this morning, photobucket the picture hosting site have put a block on any links to photos stored on their site. This means that you will not be able to see any of the pictures that I have linked to. This will affect others that use the photobucket site. Pictures can be linked, but only with a paid subscription, which is somewhat higher than most hosting sites that you run yourself...."

I don't use Photobucket so have no way of checking it out, but thought I'd flag this up ... 

I use Flickr, which has no such restriction, so I suggest you switch.

Hostafan1

I don't have the faintest notion what photobucket or Flickr are.

Berghill

I have just linked a photo from Photobucket to another site with no trouble.

Last edited: 30 June 2017 15:20:40

Doghouse Riley
Berghill says:

I have just linked a photo from Photobucket to another site with no trouble.

Last edited: 30 June 2017 15:20:40

See original post

Same here. I've just tested it on another message board.

There's been a change in the way PhotoBucket show your photos.

Previously the tabs were displayed next to each photo in the different files. Now they show the whole file just as photos. and you can link the whole file if you choose, from the one set of tabs displayed, or click on a photo and that photo will come up on its own with the tabs.

To be honest this site is fine for me as I can just post a photo I have on my laptop and I don't need a hosting site. I occasionally get messages from Photo Bucket telling me the number of photos of mine stored by them free, is nearing the limit., so I delete a few.

Advertisement

Berghill

It seems to be off for some people, but not for others. Very odd. Perhaps it is something to do with the number of links that some people post. I do not do that many so my usage of the site for posting on other places is quite small, even though I have a lot of images stored in Photobucket.

Doghouse Riley

It might be something to do with the new Photobucket format. The current one as I described it above, wasn't what was showing yesterday, as I put some photos on another board.

There's another board I use regularly where most people use Photobucket. It's noticeable that an apparently random set of pictures have gone while plenty of others - including mine - are still there. I can't see any pattern to it. I am by no means a big user (my album is under 5% of what I'm allowed) but there are people who use even less whose links have fallen over.

It is a rather unreliable host though - there are fairly regular glitches with access. I think it may be time for a change

Doghouse Riley
raisingirl says:

There's another board I use regularly where most people use Photobucket. It's noticeable that an apparently random set of pictures have gone while plenty of others - including mine - are still there. I can't see any pattern to it. I am by no means a big user (my album is under 5% of what I'm allowed) but there are people who use even less whose links have fallen over.

It is a rather unreliable host though - there are fairly regular glitches with access. I think it may be time for a change

See original post

That seems a shame.

I've used Photobucket for years and never had much of a problem. Other than being unable to load photos, but this is  very rare and probably when the site is being maintained.

There's all sorts of effects you can add to your photos and I particularly like the fact that you can add a lot of information to any.

This board seems to have many more problems, but as they are both free I'm prepared to accept the  minor irritations.

Last edited: 01 July 2017 10:30:03