London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
6 messages
02/06/2013 at 09:54
God morning all,,,, here in Tenby its bright sunshine, hardly any wind just right for the car boot sale, right can you help me please,pierris bought last year ,its about( in old money ) a foot high and a foot wide in a foot high by ten inch pot, in the morning sun evening dappled shade,iv begun to feed on nettle tea and she,s just stunningly a wonderful shade of pink crimson if that's possible and so healthy now she,s losing her red and turning a very pale pinkish white,it looks healthy so is this ok or is our plant in trouble its our first one of many we hope, also does it need potting on soon or next year many thanks avagooden Alan4711
02/06/2013 at 10:19

It is OK, that is how they grow. Use ericasious compost when potting on.

02/06/2013 at 10:45

Yes Alan- steephill's right. The foliage will then turn green. It's the just the way the new growth is and the main reason for having them. They grow well up here in Scotland because of our soil and soft water - everyone seems to have them! Useful for this time of year too. I'm about to move one because it's been planted in a really stupid place but I doubt it's going to survive.

03/06/2013 at 15:54
great many thanks for that folks and compost noted,good luck all
Alan4711
03/06/2013 at 22:50

Looking like it might be ok after all!

http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w595/fairygirl55/P6030835_zps7b8d7a13.jpg

MT
04/06/2013 at 10:40

Hi guys,

I planted one of these about 2 years ago and it hasn't grown at all. It is located in a sunny but sheltered position and has flowered both years but other than that it looks pretty rubbish; am I doing something wrong? I am tempted to move it but would not know where it is best to relocate too.

Any help would be greatly appriciated as I am quite new to the gardening stuff and hate the though that i might be killing all my new purchases,

Thanks  

email image
6 messages