Start a new thread

1 to 7 of 7 replies

Could anyone tell me what plants I could reliably have in flower for my daughter's wedding next year - her colour theme: white and natural greens - foliage is no problem obvs!

sotongeoff

So I understand this-and it might be obvious-are you asking flowers you can grow?-that flower in December?

Busy-Lizzie

Very difficult if doing it yourself. White hyacinths and Paperwhite daffodils can flower in December. Probably best to ask a florist what they can provide. They will have access to flowers grown under glass.

nutcutlet

There's nothing reliable outdoors for December. If the weather stays mild and fine, lots of flowers. If it clamps down with snow and ice - nothing.

Thanks, evryone. It's not so much what I can grow as what I might get from nurseries and garden centres. I've thought of tiny conifers ND Vrious evergreen foliage plants but need somw white flowers. I don't want to use a florist, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's and ushers' buttonholes.

Advertisement

artjak

White cyclamen, possibly helebores?

sotongeoff
Jean Ewing wrote (see)

Thanks, evryone. It's not so much what I can grow as what I might get from nurseries and garden centres. I've thought of tiny conifers ND Vrious evergreen foliage plants but need somw white flowers. I don't want to use a florist, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's and ushers' buttonholes.

The wedding is a year away-why not take a trip to a garden centre in a few weeks or so time to give you some indication and see what they have-I just feel it is going to be a struggle.