London (change)
Today 23°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 15°C
7 messages
13/11/2012 at 15:20

Could anyone tell me what plants I could reliably have in flower for my daughter's wedding next year - her colour theme: white and natural greens - foliage is no problem obvs!

13/11/2012 at 15:29

So I understand this-and it might be obvious-are you asking flowers you can grow?-that flower in December?

13/11/2012 at 16:59

Very difficult if doing it yourself. White hyacinths and Paperwhite daffodils can flower in December. Probably best to ask a florist what they can provide. They will have access to flowers grown under glass.

13/11/2012 at 17:32

There's nothing reliable outdoors for December. If the weather stays mild and fine, lots of flowers. If it clamps down with snow and ice - nothing.

15/11/2012 at 23:03

Thanks, evryone. It's not so much what I can grow as what I might get from nurseries and garden centres. I've thought of tiny conifers ND Vrious evergreen foliage plants but need somw white flowers. I don't want to use a florist, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's and ushers' buttonholes.

19/11/2012 at 18:17

White cyclamen, possibly helebores?

19/11/2012 at 18:22
Jean Ewing wrote (see)

Thanks, evryone. It's not so much what I can grow as what I might get from nurseries and garden centres. I've thought of tiny conifers ND Vrious evergreen foliage plants but need somw white flowers. I don't want to use a florist, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's and ushers' buttonholes.

The wedding is a year away-why not take a trip to a garden centre in a few weeks or so time to give you some indication and see what they have-I just feel it is going to be a struggle.

email image
7 messages