Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Plastic Plant pots - recycled

I would like to know of anyway I can recycle plastic plant pots, as I have loads?

I don't want them to go 'into' a landfill site. image

• Where are you
  • Flossie3Flossie3 Posts: 6

I teach in a school where we do gardening with pupils. If your pots are cean and small 3 or 4 inch I imagine your local school would love them. Not the broken snail hotel carrier bags of tatty plastic which is old and brittle though!

• LacewingLacewing Posts: 1

Advertise your plastic pots 'on offer' for free on 'Freecycle'. 

Gardeners/allotmenters local to your postcode will snap them up...with pleasure!

• I also have loads of pots to give away, my garage is bursting with them.

• Anyone close to tenterden
  • I'm in Leighton Buzzard Beds, I found a Freecycle here, thanks to Lacewing.

• Sorry for late reply but I wasn't sent an email response and busy at work but thank you all for your replys.

I am on my local Freecycle and will advertise there.

By the way I'm in Basingstoke, Hampshire...

• rosymaryrosymary Posts: 2

i planted my runner beans in the green house about 4 weeks ago and no sign of any seedlings coning up any idears as to why

• kate1123kate1123 Posts: 2,815

@rosymary if you ask your question in fruit and veg you will get more replies. 

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    rosymary wrote (see)

i planted my runner beans in the green house about 4 weeks ago and no sign of any seedlings coning up any idears as to why

Too wet and cold-if they had come though it will have been to early in any case-tip a couple of pots out you will either have a squishy mess or a rooting bean.

There is plenty of time to resow.