Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Please fill this in!

Hiya,

I am a third year student and would be so grateful if people could fill in my dissertation survey about the age of criminal responsibility.

I just wanted to make clear that for the second page you do not need to have any knowledge of the laws, just please take a guess since it is multiple choice. After this section the survey goes on to ask what you think should be done to certain children in specific situations.

This is the link: https://www.isurvey.soton.ac.uk/6338

Thanks for your time

x

• joslowjoslow Posts: 218

Can you tell me why? is there the chance to win a packet of seeds or to be entered into a draw to win a greenhouse?

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

and the gardening connection is?

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Alan4711Alan4711 Posts: 1,657

not a link for this site i,ll not bother

• perhaps its to with garden theft of toys,I do think we have to be careful here ,have you really got the right forum and should you be asking on line ,crime student?image

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

The main areas of crime that do seem to concern board members seem to be theft and vandalism. Mainly thefts from sheds, and vandalism on allotments. There have been several such incidents reported on here within the past few months. It wouldn't surprise me if some of these vandals are quite young.

• there has been  a increase in garden theft around here recently ,especially sheds with bikes,they seem to watch who has a good valuable bike and brake in.My neighbour had his bike broken into 3 times in a row,( yes he was silly to replace them so soon).but also we have thefts of pots(expensive ones) and even plants!I  never put anything of worth out the front because if it moves its gone!image

• I think that for students, asking on a forum (almost any forum) is a good way to get the views of a cross section of the general public - however, I do think that the request could have been phrased better and perhaps a bit more than the perfuntory 'thanks for your time'.  

I'm sorry but I'm not inclined to take part.

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

Same here. 

Please fill this in! What a way to request help

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • These are rather ungracious responses. The poor kid was just asking for a bit of help and the request seems perfectly polite to me. He (or she) didn't ask to be humiliated. Sorry- don't think much of this. No, I'm not sorry.These responses are rude and unnecessary.

• Bunny ...Bunny ... Posts: 3,471
    Ok so not to do with gardening , just a student asking questions. What if they stopped us in the street to ask while out shopping would we ask what it had to do with shopping ....

Anyway having a niece at uni I have filled it in , my choice to do so. If you don't want to just ignore it.