Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Poached this morning!

During the week I usually have some home-cooked fruit compote and yoghurt with muesli or granola for breakfast and that's enough for a day at work.  

At the weekends it's a cooked breakfast - today it was poached eggs on toast - sometimes it's scrambled and some times it's the full English or even a jugged kipper - I need something substantial if I'm spending time in the garden.

What sets you up in the morning for a day's work in the garden?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Usually weetabix with yoghurt then coffee when I get to work. At weekends often just a cup of coffee. I think I might start having porridge. Now I'm hungry

• Hi - if you've got a microwave do it in there so much easier & less messy image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

A 2 and a half minute egg Brum. That's rawimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • SingySingy Posts: 206

im just baking some bread as i type, this will then be consumed with lots of bacon

• XX Posts: 707

Homemade granola and fruit juice does me image

• waterbuttswaterbutts Posts: 1,269

Cold, leftover spaghetti, anyone?

• PentilliePentillie Posts: 411

Greek yoghurt, Greek honey - reminds me of holidays! - followed by bacon,eggs and Irish black pudding ( food of the Gods)....................then off out into the garden!

bowl of muesli and some coffee please. More than that and there would be no gardening. Some of the above breakfasts would floor me.

Brum, does an egg even get hot in that time?

I might have an egg for lunch but I'll cook it first

• XX Posts: 707

Same here Nut image

nice and solid, that will do meimage