Start a new thread

221 to 240 of 373 replies

iGrow
Is that your original work or is it covered by copyright?
iGrow
So you can use Photoshop... Well done!

What do you want, applause?
KEF

Best sign I saw at the coast was "Eat a seagull keep the place clean".

Advertisement

Fairygirl

Back in the seventies when those car stickers on rear windows were popular, I bought one for my BIL.  It read : 'Preserve wildlife - pickle a squirrel'

He worked for the Nature Conservancy Council .....

How about the saying "smile it makes people wonder what you have been upto?"

Roll on the spring!

Orchid Lady

Very true Lily, how lovely to come on and not see all that 'rubbish' 

Pennine Petal

Always loved that song Don't worry, be happy, do,do do, do, do,d,do -try to stick to it as much as I can. The tune will be stuck in my brain all day now, ear worms!

KEF

PP I'm singing Python's Bright side of Life in my head, problem is it sometimes comes out of my mouth

Orchid Lady

Ha ha KEF, I've just had The Carpenters - Top of The World on my iPod whilst outside,  all the neighbours probably heard me as I forget when in my little gardening world 

pinkquartet

One of my favouries Tracey.I saw them live many years ago.They were amazing.I love Karen's voice.Music and gardening-a great combination.

Orchid Lady

Have you heard of Rumer pink quartet?  She has a voice just like Karen Carpenter, lovely music 

Advertisement

pinkquartet

No I haven't heard of her.Will look her up.Thanks.

Fairygirl

I can't listen to Karen Carpenter without getting teary. Such a waste of a huge talent. A very accomplished drummer too.

Pennine Petal

KEF another one of my favourites. You wanted want to hear me singing it though

Tracey, takes me back to the 70s, I only had 3 tapes for my Philipps cassette player, Bridge over Troubled Water, AmerIcan Pie and The Carpenters, loved them all and new every song off by heart.

Fairygirl

Can't go far wrong with those choices PPetal 

James Taylor and Joni were top of my collection.  And lots of S&G and Linda Ronstadt. JT's Mud Slide Slim is still my all time favourite album.

Mr Garfunkel could teach those 'singers' of today a thing or two. Like how to hold a note without all that 'twiddling'. 

I sound like my mother now....

One of the advantages of having Sky is getting  the two Arts channels. There are some lovely interviews and concerts on it. There was a great Don McLean one recently. What a lovely man he is.