London (change)
Today 16°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
241 to 260 of 340 messages
22/02/2014 at 14:23

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38054.jpeg?width=194&height=259&mode=max

22/02/2014 at 15:28

Very true fairygirl.Tracey,You,ve really started something now.I found Rumner.She has a beautiful voice,very like Karen as you said,Then I found her singing with Daryl Hall,another of my favourites.so I have been in heaven all afternoon,listening and watching while getting some stuff done in garden.A visit to amazon is called for,I think.Thanks.

23/02/2014 at 00:25

Suburbshrub, Thank you for your kind comment. It's ususally other members making me smile on here, not the other way round.

Where is all this sun everyone has been talking about? It keeps waking me, shining through the window and offering a good excuse to get out and avoid the housework, but by the time I get the boys away and pull on my wellies, it's persisting down again! have seen a couple of rainbows though, so that almost makes up for staying in and sowing seeds!

Where is Brumbull? I can't see any of his posts. Or any of the person you are all mad at. Is my computer being wonky? Hope I didn't upset Brumbull, I love his posts.

23/02/2014 at 00:40

Gardenjeannie

Have you not updated here?  

Brumbull was the wind up merchant here who caused so much trouble.  The forum controllers have stopped him posting but he is still trying to cause a little mischief.  His posts have been removed after a series of rants from him.  

23/02/2014 at 00:44

I think I might start another thread....what do we listen to (apart from birds) when we are in the garden 

I'm not sure the neighbours appreciated Land of Make Believe (Bucks Fizz)!!!! 

23/02/2014 at 00:47

Pennines petal, we got married abroad and when we got the wedding video the man had put Bridge Over Troubled Water on, at the time I thought it was a very strange and miserable song to be on a wedding video, but actually if you listen to the words there couldn't be a more appropriate song.....and there has certainly been troubled water and we are still together  Right, I'm off to bed now before I give you all my life story in my wine infested state!!! Night xx

23/02/2014 at 01:47

Verdun, no I haven't. I appear to be way behind after an enforced break.Been so busy, and severe SAD sends me to bed early in the depths of winter(I should have been a hedgehog!)

Tea's gone, now Brumbull. I enjoyed some of his funny posts. But I am known for being a little slow in the sense of humour dept, and don't get sarcasm at all! I missed all the rants, apparently!

What happened to Tea? If you can't give me the goss on here, pm me, please?

Tracey, Do that. I have nice neighbours, mostly elderly, so stick to the radio most days (R2), as I can't be doing with earplugs when I'm working. But I can't resist turning it up and jigging a bit (and maybe making a little noise sometimes) to certain songs. I particularly love winding up the kids by singing() the Muppet song when it's on drivetime, as loudly as possible. You know the one- me-neh me-neh, do do do do do, me-neh me-neh, do do do do, etc!

I absolutely love Bridge over Troubled Water, the whole album, really. Cecilia has to be played loud and sung badly, too!

And I've had a few now, too, so I'll shut up and watch for your new thread! nighty night. xx

23/02/2014 at 10:34
gardenjeannie wrote (see)

I absolutely love Bridge over Troubled Water, the whole album, really. Cecilia has to be played loud and sung badly, too!

So does The Boxer - heard someone busking it on the tube last week and embarrassed the Chicklets by adding the cymbal sounds at the appropriate point (lai-de-lai......... tschh-tschhhhhhhh)

the occasional outburst of "I am a rock!" works in a garden setting too

23/02/2014 at 10:36

Chuckling whilst crunching toast and Marmite!!!!!!!!  Crumbs everywhere 

23/02/2014 at 11:04

The muppet song ......oh yes, I love it!!!  I used to love Friday mornings with Chris Evans and Candyman, that was always played loud while I danced round the kitchen with my bemused teenagers watching in horror..... but he changed it!!  I'm looking forward to Carfest in August. 

Mrs Robinson is my loud S&G song 

23/02/2014 at 11:08

Bridge over troubled water is 44 years old.  It was out about the time my first son was born. I used to play it loud, he liked that and toned down his own volume.

23/02/2014 at 11:11
Tracey-Newbie wrote (see)

The muppet song ......oh yes, I love it!!!  I used to love Friday mornings with Chris Evans and Candyman, that was always played loud while I danced round the kitchen with my bemused teenagers watching in horror..... but he changed it!!  I'm looking forward to Carfest in August. 

Mrs Robinson is my loud S&G song 

One of the things  I miss most about work is Chris Evans on the car radio in the morning, How do you like your eggs, and Candyman etc - singing away with everyone else in the queues at the traffic lights - not quite the same on my own in the kitchen - but if we all do it together ..........???? 

23/02/2014 at 11:14

Dove, can't do Candyman, he doesn't play it anymore....it's Talk to the Animals now and it's rubbish 

Playing Wham very loud and dancing round the lounge bouncing my eldest in my arms used to sooth his colic and make him fall asleep!!  I always said it was because I used to listen to it doing the housework when I was pregnant........and no he wasn't born in the 80's ha ha 

23/02/2014 at 11:19

23/02/2014 at 11:24

Guess who was at the Wham final concert 

Now that IS a positive thought, so long as you don't count the intervening years .....

23/02/2014 at 11:26

One day in work it was quite quiet and they played Bridge Over TW . When it finished I just turned to the others and just said - 'and that -  is how you deliver a song'! The girls were killing themselves laughing. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up no matter how often I hear it. Always cry too. What a big sap I am! I think it's the finest vocal performance ever, and the finest 'package' of any rock/pop recording - it has it all. 

chick - it's one of those rare albums  that doesn't have a duff track on it. The clawhammer intro on The Boxer is stunning. Although Paul Simon's  'There goes rhymin' simon' is a big favourite of mine for the same reason, and several of Joni's of course as i'm a humongous fan! 

23/02/2014 at 11:28

I only cry if we've had a row FG ha ha, but it always brings a lump to my a throat!

Chicky, I am soooooo jealous I would loved to have gone to that, but I was too young to go on my own and my mum would never have taken me 

23/02/2014 at 13:21

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38125.jpg?width=276&height=350&mode=max

The thought of these always makes me smile.....no words needed 

23/02/2014 at 22:50
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Chuckling whilst crunching toast and Marmite!!!!!!!!  Crumbs everywhere 

Marmite? Marmite? I'm def a hater, has to be Bovril on toast for me!

Chicky, FG, Tracey and Nut. It has to be the best album ever, doesn't it? As you say Chick, not a duff track. Unfortunately my copy is vinyl, and nothing to play it on. Wish this thread had started a couple days ago, then I could have used up the credits on amazon that I didn't know about before they ran out. Gonna buy again, now!

Tracey, off to see that thread you started now! Promises to be great See you all there!

25/02/2014 at 08:13

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/38254.jpg?width=186&height=320&mode=max

241 to 260 of 340 messages