Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Private Messages

I appreciate that some people may not want to to receive private messages from other forum members-that is fine of course-but if you do not have a problem with that-tick the box that appears on your public profile page in your settings -that way people can use that facility if they wishimage

• Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

Geoff I was wandering if you could help me? I have been  trying to install a Avatar and when I do the obvious instructions given I am getting a message telling me its not available is this because my laptop is afew years bold or what? Any suggestions would be appreciated.Regards Brian Cooper

• blackestblackest Posts: 623

Shouldn't be a problem Brian just go to settings and click on edit by the avatar. The only problem I found was that the file selector asks for *.JPG and  mine was *.jpg so i had to change the case of the pictures extension (the .jpg). It wasn't particularly quick and I had to wait a few minutes before the picture was fully transfered to this website once i could see the preview i had to crop and then save.  If you still have problems type the error message and i'm sure it can be sorted out.

• Plant itPlant it Posts: 155

THanks blackest i.ll try again.You will either see Ive succeeded or here we go again.

• Miss BecksMiss Becks Posts: 3,468

Hi Brian.

Looks like it didn't work. image Is the picture you want to use for your avatar on your laptop? image

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

I've never had a private message image - at least I don't think I have!  How do you know?  Do you have to go and look or does a little message alert pop up?

Caz-no-mates, Welsh Wales image

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Caz-will send you one now-hate for you to be left-outimage

An -e-mail will arrive in secondsimage

• Caz, you will regret saying you've never had a PM, your inbox will be clogged up with pointless hellos!image

• LynLyn Posts: 23,190
    Caz, you need to go to the top of the site page where your name is, click on it and a drop down box will say *message* click on that and you are away.

Geoff has probably told you all this in an email, but it may help another newbie.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• Caz WCaz W Posts: 1,353

Thanks everyone image - enjoyed my messages!

• Just make sure you hit the right button, or you'll end up ignoring someone instead of sending them a message.