Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 722 replies

Yay, I've come first at something! First on here I mean

Continuing the subject of early rising, Joyce, I hate getting up but once I'm up I just can't go back to bed. Don't like eating in bed either (Quite apart from the crumbs!). 

It was hot out today even with a strongish breeze. The beach had more people than I've ever seen down there with lots swimming too. Dogs not allowed during the day but she and I know a couple of places where, when the tide's up, she can stay on her lead but still get her feeties wet to cool off at the bottom of some steps which means I stay dry while she potters round in the water a couple of steps further down.

Re..........early rising, I have no problem waking and getting up early from Spring to Autumn, but come the Winter months, I hibernate, cannot get out of the bed.  I think I should be living in a warmer country.  

Topbird

I'm soooo busy... Quick pop-in to get the notifications.

Runny / Joyce - somebody else was having problems sending / receiving PM's (Lily P on Forkers perhaps?) so maybe there are some gremlins at work. Failing that it might be worth checking that email addresses etc are still correct in your settings. 

Must crack on...

Joyce21

Thanks T'bird 

Advertisement

Hazel --

Afties  all.

Dare I say it while CTT is away? I've done the i*****g and dinner and that's me done for today!

early risers....I don't sleep well at the best of times so if I can sleep, then I will and then get up when it happens! Does that make sense? Probably not, but you all know what I mean

Joyce, sent you a PM last week.....did out get it? Hope you have been able to get out in the garden but don't overdo things.

We were going to mend shed roof today but we now can't be bothered! How lazy are we???

Hi everyone.  It's been a very warm day today in Yorkshire.  I've been in the shower to cool down.  I had lots of jobs to do today and sorting out rubbish.  A young couple decided to have a row outside my front door.  Lots of "I hate you"s and "Why do I bother"s.  I was still waiting to come out.  After a few ".... you"s. I was able to open the front door and visit Ruby who was still gardening when I popped round.  Hope you all have had a good afternoon.

Afternoon all . Been lovely here today.

Lb you  seemed to have had a great day! So pleased 😁. Crashing out Now before dinner. 

I have cut down a large bush , digging sawing and sweating so i need a shower but not  before gallons of tea.

Lants taking your dog down to the sea sounds lovely . 

Until about ten years ago we always kept dogs . Don't know whether the cats would be best pleased. But if I ever get one it will be a shaggy lurcher and I would call it Amos. .

have a lovely evening all .

Ruby, ours is a smooth coated smallish lurcher. I do have a soft spot for the shaggy, hairy ones though and I love the name Amos! Would suit a lurcher

LB I will try that( not that I haven't thought about it) i need  to dig another one up tomorrow so cover your 👂 

Evenin' all!  Crikey, I sound like 'Dixon of Dock Green'. 

I used to live near two big shaggy lurchers called Sam and Digger....my cat hated them and once gave Sam a swipe across the nose....poor Sam carried the scar for years....but he never stuck his nose through our gate again.....

Been out.  Came back.  Did a bit more on new patch.....getting there but it needs leaving for all the plants to settle and fill out now....bit more of the dreaded GE to blast to kingdom come when we get some sun....

I grew annuals for the edge of the bed for this year, so I can spray any weeds that are coming through by autumn.....cornflower 'Black Ball', corncockle, and poppy ' Paeony Black'........looking promising, not quite out yet....

Here's the rest of the bed from another angle...

Hi MU hope you're putting your feet up

Trust me, Rebecca....they are both most definitely up! 

Advertisement

Hazel --

That is looking good MU. You've worked hard on it.

It anyone else getting infested with pollen beetles? Our garden is literally covered in them this year.....horrible! There are few flowers which haven't for them.

I hate astrantias!  But they do have their place.....

Had another pic taken same time, same setting but it won't upload....not blasted photo gremlins, again?

Oh Hazel!  I like pollen beetles!  They do no harm whatsoever!  I think they're wee cuties.  Rather have them than aphids! 

MU, I've got those cornflowers as well but mine are well and truly out and some are finishing. Shows the difference between the two ends of the country, doesn't it. Not too keen on astrantia, myself. Just doesn't do it for me.

This year I've had lots of leaves twisted up and sheltering a kind of webbing which is developing into little green caterpillars. Not sure what they are...

LB I managed to upload an alternative second one, after the original choice failed 3 times.  Very odd.

They do well on a north border with hostas,, but they just spread everywhere!  I find them vastly over-rated, though yep, they are 'airy' looking....and the young foliage is nice.....

Last edited: 09 July 2017 18:33:28