Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 683 replies

Cheyngel

Checking in early as I have stuffs to do! SYL 

Me too, Chey!  Have a good day, doing 'stuff'! 

Joyce21

Still waging a battle with the leaves.....in for a coffee and to warm my hands.

Forestedge

You all popped over when I wasn't looking. 

After lunch off t'plot to prune fruit bushes and build bonfire.

Advertisement

Ladybird4

Woo hoo. I guessed you'd get to flirty thirty whilst I was visiting. Must go back and check on 29 anything I have missed. I've been in the garden since I got back and my bins are full to overflowing. I decided I had better do something as my friend who stayed over on Tuesday last, pointed out that I had a three foot long tendril of honeysuckle growing into the room from under the windowsill. How I had missed seeing it I have no idea - that is the room I keep all my crafty stuff in. Hopefully that has now been sorted.

Joyce21

It's such a beautiful day here that I have working like the clappers.  Pruning and trimming with electric trimmer done as well as leaf clearing.

Like you LB. I have filled one bin with second one underway.

Is your February "gathering" at the planning stage or is it already booked?  

Ladybird4

Afties Joyce. It is already planned and booked. I'm not sure what theme the 'small people' have decided to inflict on us yet!

Cheyngel

Afternoon!

All errands done 

Doing unmentionable houseworky things this afternoon 

Ladybird4

Afties Chey. Did you manage to get warm yesterday? The wind here is really Arctic across the front garden but at least it is more sheltered in the back so I managed to get lots chopped back.

I found a large, dead rat wedged between the trellis and the honeysuckle. It wasn't an old corpse as it was still soft. It weighed about 500g (1lb in old money! ) and I actually felt quite sorry for it (I know I know!) There wasn't a mark on it so who knows why it had died - maybe old age. Anyway, I took it to the bottom of my garden and put it into the hedge so that it can be recycled.

Cheyngel

I did in the end - got into bed with the electric blanket 

By "Recycled" do you mean providing food for wildlife? 

I have squirrelled two stocking fillers away for OH . I havent a clue where I have put them. 🤥

star gaze lily

Goodness me, Rez Thirty already 

Beautiful sunny day but a little breezy. Went for a walk this morning, the colours of the trees are amazing. Who needs New England in the fall when we have such beautiful woodlands of our own 🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁

Now a lazy afternoon after hot soup and crusty bread 

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday afternoon too.

SYL 

Hey! down here on the South Wales coast it is sunny and cold now, but was an awful; morning with heavy squally showers, certainly not a day to be in the garden, remaining leaves being blown off the trees, looking very autumnal.

Ladybird4

Chey - you got it in one. She will provide for others.

Rubee - you are not on your own. I am always doing that.

Afties SGL - you are quite right. We are very lucky.

Hello cornelly. Nice to see you. Welcome to Rez.

Advertisement

Cheyngel

I quite like Nature in that regard LB 

Ladybird4

I do too Chey. My garden is not a tidy, neat place with lawns and borders. Its specifically to attract wildlife - of any kind - and natural recycling is all part of it.

Forestedge

Pruning done on red currant, gooseberries, and black currant and huge pile of stuff to burn.  Will do the Autumn raspberries next week and have a grand burn up.  OH will enjoy doing that - the only time he visits the allotment plot. 

You all seem to be out and about today taking advantage of the crisp weather.

Ladybird4

Good way to keep warm next week then F'edge - well for a short while anyway.

I have looked in every nook and cranny  and I still can’t find stocking fillers 🔎. Guess they will turn up after Christmas.😳.