Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 995 replies

I missed GW last night so i'm going to catch up with it on i-player.  See you later 

Ladybird4

Morning M-U. I fell asleep whilst it was on but I have recorded it so I might grab this rainy moment to watch it through to the end this time.

Joyce21

GW recorded here too. Will watch tonight.

Had a text from Dumfries rellie  to say she's coming for a few hours.  Just as well I got out early and did some cutting back.

Topbird

Morning everyone - you were all up silly early. I didn't wake until 9.30. That's LATE - even for me. Mind you - didn't get to bed till gone 1am - was watching more episodes of The Handmaid's Tale recorded from a few weeks ago. Didn't think I'd enjoy it and I'm not sure I do (rather brutal in parts) but it's quite compulsive. 4 more to go...

Wasp stings are still very itchy but at least they've stopped aching now. Broke up the nest yesterday. Felt very guilty doing it but the landscaper is working on that particular raised bed in 2 weeks time and asked me to 'get it sorted' before they started work. Beautiful construction and I'm sure it's produced hundreds of babies over the summer.

Rather breezy but sunny - so will continue with the clearing ready for the work to start. Filled my council garden bin and topped up 2 of the neighbours' bins on Thursday plus loads shredded for the garden compost bins. Honeysuckles and clematis produce large volumes of 'stuff'...

At some stage I may even get around to starting on the bulb planting.

Advertisement

Morning all. Very tired today.  Taking it easy,  doing nothing 

Hi T'bird!  Glad you got the wasp situation sorted out.   Not what you want, really.  Nor the landscape chaps, seemingly!  Well done on filling the bins too!  Never mind the bulb planting!  There's still time!  I've got some still to do.

Pauline, the radiotherapy will really take it out of you so you'll have no choice but to rest and concentrate on absolutely nothing else.

Hope you have some good 'rellie-time' Joyce!

Been raining here so it's put paid to doing much out there, alas. Not looking like a brilliant weekend for gardeners.

pansyface

LIKE PAULINE, I'M DOING NOTHING TODAY.  APART FROM READ THE PAPER.

I SAW AN ARTICLE, WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO MAKES AMUSING CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE GUARDIAN FROM TIME TO TIME.

TODAY THERE IS A PIECE ABOUT HIS WIFE, WHO IS RECEIVING CHEMOTHERAPY AND RADIOTHERAPY TREATMENT. IT IS A SERIOUS SUBJECT WHICH HE SOMEHOW MANAGES TO SEE FROM THE FUNNY SIDE.

I CAN'T SAY IF ANYBODY ELSE WILL "ENJOY" READING IT, BUT IT MADE ME SMILE.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/oct/21/scared-angry-inept-thats-me-the-carer

plant pauper

"Morning" all.

Bit late on parade but hey ho! 

It's blowing a hooley here so I'm hoping the beech leaves just go straight past ( not happening). There's a blocked drain on the lane so I may poke it with a stick later. That'll be the beech leaves then!

Today I shall mostly be doing nothing. The sun keeps coming out and raising my hopes but it just serves to highlight the driving, horizontal rain! I'm not going out in that, sunshine or no! It's still unseasonably warm too. I'm all confused. 

I'd love to trail my bathroom out. I hate the bath and I hate the toilet. I'd have a double ended, freestanding bath and a proper shower bit. Not much to ask for really is it? 

Enjoy your Saturday.

If it was technical know how Hazel, you were most definitely not talking to me!  I have to ring my ex!!!! 

Last edited: 21 October 2017 14:01:49

I have just received a beautiful bouquet of flowers from work.  I will try to put a photo of them on,  when I get the energy. 

Ladybird4

What a lovely surprise for you Pauline.

Very well written and considered article, Pansy.  Thanks for posting the link.

Pauline, enjoy the flowers   How nice of them.

OH has just cut about 4" off my hair and I've Kitty-cut the fringe.  I feel almost human. 

"FIVE GO OFF TO CAMP"??

Advertisement

Cheyngel

Afternoon 

Neighbour getting drenched sorting out all the plants outside. Can't say I feel too bad since he stole all the space 

Ladybird4

Make sure next season you get yours in first Chey.

Thank you, LB! 

Do you legally have a share of the steps, Chey, or is it first come first served?

Cheyngel

I mean it's a shared access stairway but I'm not sure RE plant space.. The outside windowsill is first come first served