Start a new thread

61 to 80 of 988 replies

Glad all went well Pauline . Time for a cuppa and a rest.

Cheyngel

Still no parcels 

I need to nip to the shop but Sod's law says in the (literally) two minute excursion Amazon will appear...

Ladybird4

Afties all. Well loads to catch up on. I have been punctured but unlike a balloon I did not fly around the room, deflating and emitting rude noises!

What super duper pictures Joyce - knockout! Sunny those little kitties are a delight. By the way if you sack off the sports package you will find that your monthly payment will go down quite substantially.

Chey - flipping South American River - they are usually pretty good! You can bet your bottom dollar that they'll arrive as you are out. Is it vital you have to go to the shop?

Pauline - toast it is then. Sometimes that is actually preferable to bread!

Rubee you do not have to apologise to anyone re spelling and punctuation. We here on Rez are all friends and do not make comment unlike on some other threads. We know what you are on about and as already been said, that is ALL that matters.

Cheyngel

Everything left the Sheffield carrier facility at 10:13AM... Where is it???

I mean I CAN wait a bit I suppose but I don't like being stuck indoors when it isn't of my own volition!

Cheyngel

If there's other threads where your spelling and grammar get picked on I'm glad I only post on Rez!

Advertisement

Ladybird4

Ahhh Chey. Waiting in might be a pain but think of the excitement when your packages arrive.

pansyface

SO (SHE SAID IN A WAY THAT IS GUARANTEED TO RAISE THE HACKLES OF THOSE READING) IF YOU WANT TO SEE ONE BRILLIANT FILM THIS YEAR, BE IT ON NETFLIX, THE TV OR IN THE FLEAPIT, I CAN WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND "THE DEATH OF STALIN".

I KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT STALINIST AND POST-STALINIST HISTORY BUT THE FILM IS, IF  NOT COMPLETELY HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, AT LEAST A DAMNED GOOD HORROR STORY.

IT IS CLASSED AS A TRAGI-COMEDY IN THE REVIEWS AND THERE ARE SOME BRIEF MOMENTS OF WRY HUMOUR AND FARCE BUT THE OVERALL SENSATION IS ONE OF SHEER TERROR. I SUPPOSE THAT SIMILAR EVENTS ARE UNFOLDING IN OTHER COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD RIGHT NOW.

SIMON RUSSELL BEALE IS SUBTELY AND EXQUISITELY CAST AS THE SADISTIC MONSTER, BERIA. NOT A BAD BIT OF CASTING ANYWHERE REALLY. AND THE STORY LINE IS VERY UNDERSTATED AND LEFT TO YOUR IMAGINATION IN AN UN-HOLLYWOOD LIKE FASHION HOORAY.

MARVELLOUS.

Ladybird4

Praise indeed PF. Really glad that you enjoyed it.

Cheyngel

LB I've got oven gloves, a washing up brush, two different baking trays and a new duvet set arriving. Nothing too thrilling! 

Cheyngel

Pansy - I'll keep an eye out!

Joyce21

"Uncle Joe's" time was in indeed horrific with the show trials etc

LB, I was going to ask if your car puncture had been seen to then I remembered you were going for your flu jab.

Pansy, that sounds brilliant, well worth seeing. I'm pleased you said you know next to nothing about Stalinist/post Stalinist history (same as me) yet still enjoyed it so much. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Glowing review, Pansy!  I'll give that one a go eventually!

LB, glad you got the flu jab sorted.

I've just been informed that geetar night will be here this evening, as our car is out of action, so they're all toddling over to us.  This means a bit of unmentionable you-know-what-ing with the pushy'sucky-mucky thing and a light rearranging of dust.....

So I shall pootle off and get on with that, and catch up with you later.  Have a good afternoon and evening! 

1Runnybeak1

Afternoon everyone. 

Ahh!   You've moved and didn't tell me.  Was it something I said ?   

RUBEE.   Join the club.  My posts are full of mistakes of every kind.  I often think it must be painful for others to read them sometimes.     It only bothers me occasionally now unless someone is being pedantic.  So....let's just dollop on as usual And not worry about it.    

JOYCE.  Looks as though you had a lovely trip out today.   Lovely pictures.  Number 4 is my favourite. 

PANSY.  We still call it Matinee.  Early doors simply means closed or finished early down here.   Sounds like a good film, glad you enjoyed yourself.  At least you were sitting down today.   Might be up in Derby next week visiting GD at Uni.      Talking of cinemas, MU and RUBEE too.   We have a fantastic cinema called the Red Carpet at Barton Marina.  Two small cinemas, big big comfy armchair seats.   You can take an alcoholic drink in with you, you can also have lunch or dinner beforehand in the small restaurant attached to the cinema.   Evenings there is live music or a lone guitarist playing while you eat and then go into the 'pictures'.   All the latest films too and special rates for the crumblies.    

FEDGE.  I know, daft isn't it.   Glad it's all sorted now.  

PAULINE.  Enjoy your toast then .  I'm sure things will improve later on for you. 

LB.  pleased to read there was no excess of gas after your jab.   Did you know you can have a Pnuemonia jab now.   Apparently I had one in 2015.   Didn't do me much good this year did it.   

Had new Driving Licence arrive today.  My picture is taken from my old one and I look as though I'm wearing a very bad black wig and have been scared to death by a ghost.   At least it doesn't show the wrinkles 

Hi to Kitty and Sunny and all who haven't 'clocked in' yet.  

Ladybird4

Chey - new stuff is always fun to open.

Joyce - yes, flu jab. You brought back to me something I was going to say yesterday. When I went to the physio in Wigan it was obviously Uncle Joe's (mint balls) making day and the smell in town was absolutely delicious.

Other mint balls are available!

M-U - special dispensation from Col TT but don't make a habit of it!

Runners - not quite at the age that they do Pneumonia jabs (well at least in my neck of the woods!)

Advertisement

Cheyngel

I've had my flu jab!

Look what's finally arrived!

Ladybird4

Whoop whoop woo hoo. You can safely go to the shop now and unwrap all your new treasures later or the other way around!

We've got a little cinema here too. Big, comfortable seats, cheaper by far than the big complexes too.

MU, hold fire, don't be tempted to do anything in the way of the unmentionable thing. Darker evenings now, pull the curtains, bit of low lighting or even candles and a nice  atmosphere created with any dust and muck rendered invisible.

Yay, Chey! Took a while but they're here. You are now free!

Cheyngel

Been to the shop and stocked up on hot chocolate! 

Also unwrapped everything - these baking trays are HUGE