Start a new thread

1 to 20 of 31 replies

B3

1. Why are the ladies toilets always up three flights of vertiginous stairs?

2. Why are the larger sized shoes, presumably worn by taller people, always on the lower shelves?

3. Why doesn't Boots provide periscope so that you can see what's on the bottom shelves - or a surfboard on wheels so that you can glide along and bottom feed?

4. Why do I have to put my eggs in the fridge when they are presumably ok on a shelf at the back of the supermarket?

On a different tangent here :-

What would a chair look like if our knees bent the other way ???........

B3

Kilts and skirts would need careful consideration too

It doesn't bear thinking about !

B3

Or 'bare '- even 

Advertisement

Obelixx

Don't put you eggs in the fridge!  Better somewhere cool but not the fridge.

I have often wondered why architects, presumably male, design motorway service stations which can cater for hundreds in the shops and cafés and restaurant, with only 3 ladies' loos and one for the disabled.  What do they think happens when a coach load arrives?

Obelixx says:

I have often wondered why architects, presumably male, design motorway service stations which can cater for hundreds in the shops and cafés and restaurant, with only 3 ladies' loos and one for the disabled.  What do they think happens when a coach load arrives?

See original post

Ah well I can answer that one. 1 - motorway services companies don't employ architects, they just pay builders to 'design and build'. 2 - 'design and build' constructors comply with codes, they don't apply intelligence. 3 - the people who wrote the codes were men and have never been anywhere by coach.

Why don't supermarkets employ some tall people to loiter in aisles in case someone of average height wants something from the top shelf? It takes me ages to do my shopping because I'm constantly being 'employed' by normally proportioned ladies (men never ask for help, obvs) who can't reach the last box of muesli. Or at least why don't they give me a discount on my shopping for helping them save money on floor space?

Last edited: 01 January 2018 10:33:41

Obelixx

Happen you're right RG but it doesn't do to arrive for a break just after a coach load of holiday makers.

My favourite SM in Belgium was a no frills chain with Meccano style shelving.  They had built in "library" ladders that could be wheeled along and then pulled out to get up high if needs be and also individual step thingies for shorter people.  Not glamorous but they had a great range of organic veg, and well brought up meat as well as Oz and NZ wines and better pricing than ALDI or LIDL.

josusa47

I think I can answer B3's first question.  The retailers know that a lot of women shop with their eyes, impulsively.  By putting the toilets as far as possible from the entrance, they expose you to as much of their merchandise as possible.  For the same reason, you always have to wade through acres of ladies fashion to get to the menswear.  Women will browse recreationally, whereas men won't set foot in the place unless they're looking for something they need.  

B3

Josus, I was talking about pubs and restaurants,but you're right about shops. I don't know about you, but when I need a pee, I'm not really in the mood to impulse buy. My impulses lie in another direction!

B3

How can I subtly, but satisfyingly in a schadenfreudely way, get revenge on neighbours across the road whose party ended at 8 this morning. They had two loos in their front garden - the ones that builders use, bouncers in high viz jackets, an mc and an appalling taste in 'music'.

It's 12 now and there's still bunches of them exiting the premises. I know,at some level, they have behaved responsibly but....

hogweed

Any way you could unscrew the joint of the sewage receptacles and let it all spill onto their lawn????

B3

Nice one!

a really bright 'security' light directed into their windows?

B3

Another good one. Something involving windchimes appeals as well.

Advertisement

If they haven't removed the toilets yet B3 , how about nipping over to your neighbour and asking them if you can use the loo ?  Even better if you could gather a few extra people so you could form a noisy queue.  Perhaps late at night or early am if you can manage it 

I have often wondered why shampoo and conditioner come in matching bottles but with labels  too small to read without my glasses. I tend not to wear them in the shower! 

Last edited: 01 January 2018 15:14:50

B3

Philippa, there are quite a few neighbours who I'm sure would oblige, but I suspect they'll be having an early night tonight

Sue, I stopped buying what had been my usual brand for that reason.  

fidgetbones

Having spent some time merchandising in the shoe shop that purports to be a pharmacy,  Eye line is buy line, bottom shelf is for stuff they make little profit on.  Eye level is stuff they want to sell lots of because the profit is high and the manufacturer is promoting it on the telly.