Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

RIP Rick Parfitt

Another one gone ... Bless him image

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

How sad Dove. Not really a fan as such,  but I've grown up with 'the Quo' and they've always been part of the scenery, and they didn't seem to mind the endless jokes about one song being constantly recycled etc. They always seemed to enjoy themselves and not take themselves too seriously, which was quite refreshing. 

He was very ill but had seemed to be on the mend. I'll raise a small glass to him nonetheless, and will be thinking of Mr Rossi too - his long time friend now gone. image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Posts: 11,340

The Quo were played at just about every disco I ever went to.

Doing 'the ace' with the lads after several pints of IPA and Abbot - 'all me mates gettin into the beers, and all the beers gettin into me mates' - or something along those lines

Happy days and thanks for contributing Rick

Billericay - Essex

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

As he acknowledged, he'd given his body a hammering over the years.  Sad though that this happens after he slowed down.  Always loved 'Quo'.

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

Bit perturbed that radio two has given hours this morning to the passing of George Michael but just a sentence about RP. Perhaps I'm miffed because I was a child of the 70s rather than the 80s. Reckon RP had just the same effect on people's memories as GM.

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

I love Quo, but really don't think Rick Parfitt is on a par with George Michael as far as the range of music is concerned.  Rick certainly lasted longer than GM although it could be suggested that the excesses in both lifestyles mirrored each other.