London (change)
Today 21°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 16°C / 13°C
03/01/2013 at 17:58

Also would love some oenothera (evening primrose seeds)

03/01/2013 at 18:58

I have several pks of poppy seeds  as well as many other flowers also tomatoe seeds send  a stamp address envelope and  i will send them to you

Or if you have the white capanula bell flower for baskets  or aubretia for rockery or any basket  flower seeds i will swap

03/01/2013 at 20:18
nutcutlet wrote (see)

I'm sure it does. Pity swearing at the weeds doesn't work so well

Nutcutlet...I have tried this many time and can assure you, it does not work. They just get jaggier and more determined to stay lol. Must be a Scottish thing 

03/01/2013 at 20:46

The Hardy Plant Society is a great place to swap seeds as well as being a great forum for learning more about growing hardy oplants from experts. There ia a coordinated seed swap from a central location by post once per year. If you decide to join now you might just be in time to participate and there are often plant swaps at the meetings where there are often really good guest speakers - Bunny Guiness came to our last meeting.

03/01/2013 at 20:46

That's probably what makes a weed.

03/01/2013 at 21:22

Ooh,I could do with some Candytuft, Cornflower or Poppy seeds (baby daughters name)

I have some Sweet Peas collected from last year (can't make promises re: colours though)

03/01/2013 at 21:28

I agree with Newcastle re HPS. I've been a member for years and the seed list has been well used. 

03/01/2013 at 22:19

I dont think we have anything like that here 

I will have to investigate though 

03/01/2013 at 22:24

Wooohooooo, there is one for Scottland and the March meeting is in Oatridge which isnt far from me 

03/01/2013 at 22:38

Definitely go along. There'll be talks, gardens to visit in the summer. More garden nuts to talk to, plant fairs, plants for sale at meetings, mostly not expensive and more interesting than the GCs.

03/01/2013 at 22:55

I will sign up first thing in the morning Nutcutle sounds great. I was having a nose at the site  Some great stuff to look forward too.

04/01/2013 at 17:19

Hello Bev and Hollie hock cuttings on their way to you should be with you tomorrow 1st class post.

04/01/2013 at 17:49

Hi all

Milkymoo I have tonnes of poppy seeds, candytuft 'fantasy' and cornflower, the poppies I have are oriental large paper red and purple and also small native poppies, if you PM me your addess I'll send some along, always had good results here from my poppies but someone did tell me a poppy seed can stay dormant for years?

Funny isn't it, I've made lots of friends by nosing and wowing at other peoples gardens and a true gardener will come and have a chat, I have many poppy seeds from local people here who's poppies I hve admired and they've given me a few heads )

04/01/2013 at 23:08
Hi Lisa69, what seeds are you looking for? I would like some cornflower and big poppies if you have any free?
05/01/2013 at 10:29

I got my false sunflower roots from hollie hock this morning so it's out to the greenhouse to pot them up til I decide on a place for them. Thanks hollie hock

05/01/2013 at 11:38
Oh...mine have just arrived to holly hock. Sorry to be a pain in the rear end but can you email me a list of the rest please? Dampness has made the labels unreadable. Im off to the greenhouse now to plant up. Thankyou soooo much
05/01/2013 at 12:04

05/01/2013 at 12:12

Gardengirl- thanks for the cuttings, got them today, will post the false sunflowers to you on Monday

Nutcutlet- glad they got to you ok, I got your parcel also today so thanks, will be planting them out today

Sam- No problem will send you the list

love getting these parcels through the post

05/01/2013 at 13:15

That's good hollie hock glad you got the cuttings, can I ask what to do with the false sunflower when it arrives?  Do I put it outside in some compost in a pot or in the ground, or does it need to be indoors for a while.

05/01/2013 at 13:19
Gardengirl.. wrote (see)

That's good hollie hock glad you got the cuttings, can I ask what to do with the false sunflower when it arrives?  Do I put it outside in some compost in a pot or in the ground, or does it need to be indoors for a while.

I was just about to ask the same thing Gardengirl  Great minds and all that lol.