London (change)
Today 13°C / 9°C
Tomorrow 11°C / 4°C
01/03/2013 at 16:03

Sam sea holly sounds good I would like some of that Thank you

Joyce what is the grasses you have? I like grasses

01/03/2013 at 17:02

Hi everyone. I have 4 packs of T&Ms chilli pepper Pinnochio's Nose and 1 pack of cabbage Pixie to swap. I would particular;ly like some Swiss Chard seed.

01/03/2013 at 17:38
Will do lucy. Will get them off to you
02/03/2013 at 10:18
discodave wrote (see)

Thanks again to Lyn for sending me the 

Lychnis coronaria - dusty miller (rose campion) seeds

I was told so sow in March/April time but read somewhere that they can be started in Jan-March. So I did a test sowing (2 pots same conditions) one of the pots germinated in 3 days, the other still has no signs of life 3 weeks later. Heres a pic I took today. As you can see they are still very small (I dont have a giant finger) and not at all leggy & only just grown their second leaf (or first true leaf). 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/19062.jpg?width=350

I think I am going to have to sow a new batch in about 2 weeks. 

Looks like I may have spoke to soon, I checked these this morning and I now have 8 shoots sprouting. Nature is a strange beast that 4 new ones would sprout several weeks after they were sown and several weeks after the others in the same pot and conditions. I'm thrilled..

02/03/2013 at 10:23
I am happy to report Holly Hock. The Verbena has sprouted
Oh by eck...Im very pleased. Now just aquilegias and astrantis to egg on.
03/03/2013 at 15:08

gardengirl

i thought i replied and said what the grasses were  quakeing grass and pony tails

i also replied to sam who never answered 

i also added a list of seeds i have and nobody replied were has this page of swaps gone ??

as i added a list i wanted

JOYCE M  as theres another joyce on this site 

03/03/2013 at 15:12

Joyce-hope you don't mind-this is what you posted a couple of days ago

joyce mannell wrote (see)

I found 46 packets of flower and veg and herb  seeds most are old but i am going to see if they grow this year i have all the seed trays ready for sowing in  march 

If anyone wants any of those listed below i dont want  please send sae

beetroot/coriander/basil/carrots/tomatoes/parsley/lettuce lollo rossa/spring onion/ chives/ runner bean/ salad leaves /grasses

If you need any flower seeds i can give you a few if you send some little packets and what ones you would like sorry cant list them all

03/03/2013 at 15:20

Sotongeoff

Thanks for bumping up my add as there are so many pages to look through 

nobody seems to want any seeds  though 

I would like some for hanging baskets but i sopsoe ill have to buy mine 

JOYCE M 

03/03/2013 at 15:21

Joyce M I would like the quakeing grass please

What sort of seeds or cuttings would you like?

Lyn
03/03/2013 at 18:38
Joyce m, I would like some parsley, would you like a fuchsia for your basket. It will flower this year. If you have any preferences, let me know as I have about 40 different ones

I will send you a private message tomorrow when I am on main computer.
Ps, I haven't forgotten Bev, I am potting on this week.
03/03/2013 at 20:47

Good news re the verbena seeds Sam. No joy here with them.

The hebe cuttings are still doing well Gardengirl

04/03/2013 at 09:35
Hi joyce. Im not being rude as im sure holly will tell you...i cant answer emails or messages on my phone so need to get to a computer..it can take me a couple of days. I have had people staying since mid last week but will get it tonight if i can get to s laptop. Sorry
04/03/2013 at 20:07
I listed several things on the last page of the forum no 13

and was told to make another list for see swap why...

I have coriander/ basil /carrott/ tomatoes /lettuce /chives /salad leaves beetroot if anyone wants them

Joyce M

*** just keeps posts together so an seed swappers who want /have posted keep seeing others*** I see you have been on here before...
04/03/2013 at 20:08
Joyce others have already replied for you ...
04/03/2013 at 20:27

hi 

i have a long list of out of date veg seeds that i no longer want , im going for more flowers this year hence the swaps

brussel sprouts, chinese cabbage , courgette , carrots, rainbow carrots, parsnips ,swede, leek and squash, 

if anyone would like to swap please feel free to message me 

Lyn
04/03/2013 at 21:28
I am now totally confused with this thread, Joyce mannell and bunny...... one of the same? Who am I sending fuchsias too?
04/03/2013 at 21:35
Lol .... to JOYCE I am just posting (or trying to )post on seed swap thread for her...

I haven't sown a seed ...sadly
05/03/2013 at 09:54

Bunny

I see i am not the only one trying to find my requeasts  hanging basket seeds and offers of veg flowers and salad stuff

also my thread what i bought when i went to homebase yesterday

its still confusing 

Joyce M

05/03/2013 at 09:57
To find your own posts click on 'settings' and then click 'my posts' you will see posts made by you ..
05/03/2013 at 21:40

Hi Joyce M (mannell).

Can I suggest that you list the seeds that you have to swop and those that you are after here?

I've found that this great place to swop seeds and other plants/cuttings that you may be after. It is a busy place, but I'm sure others will respond once they know what you you want to swop.