London (change)
Today 22°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 26°C / 15°C
15/03/2013 at 12:43

You could all claim a pack of free wildflower seeds from link below

http://www.nationalgardeningweek.org.uk/Home.aspx

If anyone wants it about 1m square, I have

15/03/2013 at 12:52

Gardengirl your plants arrived this morning and Joyce the seeds also arrived. Thank you both.

Lyn
15/03/2013 at 13:53

Thanks garden girl, have registered for the seeds, lets hope I win some.

15/03/2013 at 17:41

That's good Lyn be good to get some nice wildflower

Anyone else signed up?

All the seeds from swapping will be helping my garden look better fuller

Rosa carriola wrote (see)

I know it's getting a little late but does anyone happen to have any achillea seeds, both the pastel shades and the bright red ones

I have loads of seeds both flower and veg that i would gladly send, or someone could take pot luck with the seeds I send and just request veg or flowers 

Sorry me not got any of them seeds only brought a few of those plants last year and did not know how to collect the seeds.

Lyn
16/03/2013 at 23:00
Thank you gardengirl and disco Dave for the cuttings and seeds, arrived today and all planted up.
Any else looking for anything in particular ?
18/03/2013 at 09:27

My seeds have arrived thank you gardengirl. 

18/03/2013 at 16:47

Thanks nutcutlet my seed arrived too thanks

18/03/2013 at 18:05

I'm AGAIN listing the seeds I still have and have added some more now that the mags are giving free seeds again. In exchange I would like short flowers that can be grown in pots or hanging baskets please. If you don't have anything to swap but fancy anything please just ask- it is such a waste otherwise.

1.French Marigold;    2.Sunflower- Giant single;      3. Nicotiana-Fragrant cloud;    4.Nicotinia- Alata 'Lime green';      5.Candtuft-dwarf fairyland mixed;         6. Amaranthus-fat spike;          9. Ammi-graceland ;           10.MinaLobata- Spanish flag;        11.Calendula-pacific beauty mixed;                  13.Clarkia-elegans double delight;               14. Aster-spider chrysanthemum mixed;   

16.Shasta daisy- silver princess;      17Snake Gourd;             18.Cleome-Violet Queen;       21.Cosmos- Purity;       22. Hollyhock- Giant Single Mixed;           23.Cosmos-Polidor Mixed;     24.Verbascum-Phoeniceum mixed;             25. Verbina-Bonariensis ;

Some New new ones

26. Nicotiana-Dwarf white bedder;                 27. Cosmos- candy stripe;               28. Agastache- Apricot Sprite;                  29. Tomato- Gardener's Delight;

I do hope someone wants these as it seems such a waste otherwise 

18/03/2013 at 19:16
Lyn wrote (see)
Thank you gardengirl and disco Dave for the cuttings and seeds, arrived today and all planted up.
Any else looking for anything in particular ?

Your welcome Lyn, and thanks again.. Oh, and just to update you, the rose campion seeds you sent me are coming up a treat now. I will post an updated picture in seeds are up.

Lyn
18/03/2013 at 19:21

Bev I have sent you a message about the seeds.

lyn. x

18/03/2013 at 19:57

Sorted them Lyn.

Numbers  5.Candtuft-dwarf fairyland mixed

18.Cleome-Violet Queen

25. Verbina-Bonariensis     

26. Nicotiana-Dwarf white bedder

all spoken for

18/03/2013 at 20:36

Sorted Discodave

3. Nicotiana-Fragrant cloud

16.Shasta daisy- silver princess

27. Cosmos- candy stripe

Spoken for now as well

Lyn
18/03/2013 at 23:37
Dave, i grew those Shasta daisy last year and they are now lovely plants ready to go in, they'll flower this year .
My campions are up as well.
I have some lychnis biz? Seeds, from daughters plant, if anyone would like some, I have set a few and they all came up quickly.
Common name is lambs ears, velvety type leaves.
Lyn
19/03/2013 at 10:50

I have spare seeds in packets dated sow by aug 2014.

Californian poppy. Bright orange poppy. Cosmos purity (white). Swan river daisy summer skys.

I would like a packet of sage seeds if anyone has any spare, or just a pinch, if you have already opened your packet.

Thank you,

Lyn.

Lyn
21/03/2013 at 15:28
Garden girl, have posted your fuchsias off today, you should get them tomorrow.
Has everyone done with seed swaping now, I expect everyone's all planted up.
Same time next year then folks.
22/03/2013 at 11:11

Hi Bev,

Thanks a million, 

I recieved the seeds in the post this morning. 

David

Lyn
22/03/2013 at 16:14
Lyn wrote (see)

I have some lychnis biz? Seeds, from daughters plant, if anyone would like some, I have set a few and they all came up quickly.
Common name is lambs ears, velvety type leaves.

Don't know what I was thinking of there! they are Stachys Biz. seeds not lychnis, sorry to confuse.

Bev, thank you so much, the seeds have arrived today, I am tempted to leave the verbena B till the summer and grow it on as a usual perennial, and plant out Autumn or early spring next year, I know they say 1st year flowering, but I have never had much success with that in other seeds.

22/03/2013 at 17:48
Lyn wrote (see)

Has everyone done with seed swaping now, I expect everyone's all planted up.
Same time next year then folks.

No I haven't Lyn, about to start my spring sowings as soon as the temperature rises.

But I'll find the thread there somewhere if it sinks into oblivion

22/03/2013 at 17:56

Hiya  Lyn, I'm not done yet either, although I haven't swopped any for a while. I'm also waiting for the weather to warm up to sow some more. I'll probably be having stuff on the go all year and I'm sure I'll have some left over and be on the look out for more

22/03/2013 at 18:05

I get things all year as well. The aquilegias and hellebores (and other) are best swapped and sown fresh.