London (change)
Today 20°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 13°C
23/05/2013 at 19:37

I've sown quite a bit off the swop, growing lots of stuff that maybe I wouldn't have thought of.

Wild bergamot, verbs and bee balm sowed early this year are all doing great guns.....well small but up and growing.

White campion is doing well and not long ago sowed some purple honesty.

The corncockles and cornflowers are very strong, some have  been planted out.

23/05/2013 at 19:53

Me planted out variegated honesty today

23/05/2013 at 20:00

hollie hock,would you like some of the variegated honesty when harvest time comes?

23/05/2013 at 20:05

Thanks nut that would be great. How are your ragged robin doing? Will be collecting more seeds from mine this year if you wanted any

23/05/2013 at 20:06

Righto

Your address will still be in 'my messages' I should think. If not I'll let you know.

27/05/2013 at 16:07

can somebody advise me on the procedures of the seed swap please,as it will take me forever to read 27 pages and I am really interested in sharing or giving.

Do I make a list in the autumn or winter after collecting seed with photos or names of the plants for people to decide?

What would you suggest? Or can I do it now(if I can spare the time) for summer sowing?

27/05/2013 at 16:59

Hi Cotty1000 - you could seed swap now if you want for summer sowing all you need to do is see if anyone wants the seed you have in a list don't need picks but can do if want and see if anyone has the seeds you want

I might have a few more seeds I can swap - will have to look - I know I have purple honesty still

Gardengirl..

27/05/2013 at 17:01

Hi cotty. It's been quite a casual thing. If someone has excess seeds they say so on this thread. If someone wants it they say what they've got to swap. You do need to be willing to give your address to someone you don't know, PM for this, don't put your address on the thread. Thats about all I can think of. Someone else will tell you if I've left anything out. I think if you read the firstpage or two of the thread you'll see how it goes.

27/05/2013 at 20:15

I will post basic details and will abbreviate when I can as my list is long.

Here's my list

eryngium several varieties,verbena bonariensis,verbascum phoneniceum,catmint,clematis integrifolia,astrantia various,geranium orchids blue,salvia salvia various ,aquilegia mixed,moon carrot,knapweed,primula mooreana,Echinacea various,scabious various,phlomis,echinops various,agastache mexicana,rudbeckia various,aconitum Newry blue,orlaya grandiflora,oenothera sunset,foxglove various,monarda fistulosa,wild angelica,campanula various,blanket flower,delph galahad,cowslip,hollyhock various,Lupin various,gypsophila,poppy Iceland,marguerites and ever lasting sweet pea.

This is my current seed collection,in the autumn it will be bigger with perennials,annuals and bulb seeds. I have only listed perennials as that is my passion. I have plenty of annual seeds too,so feel free to ask me what I have now or what I will have come the autumn.

In return I would like any umbelifers like cow parsley,which I own,rudbeckia or Echinacea perennial seeds,scabious,agastache,salvia or surprise me.

I will send seeds out even if you haven't got anything I fancy.just send me a letter with a pre paid envelope inside,with address obviously.is that ok,first time I have done this?!

Any questions just ask.I am already excited 

27/05/2013 at 21:46

Normally I just swap seeds and pay postage one way then you both end up paying about the same postage if you understand what I mean

I will have a look see if I have any of those seeds

28/05/2013 at 08:34

cotty1000 i would love some geranium orcid blue and primula mooreana

I have a few ammi  seeds you may like

also have cosmos purity, Tansy, yellow rattle, and i have some rooted cuttings of tall comphrey if anyone is interested this is very good as compost activator or making liquid feed.

28/05/2013 at 11:36

I will have some some ammi majus and some yellow rattle off you.I am getting ready for work now so I will contact you tonight or in the morning if that's ok?

28/05/2013 at 12:04

Aliesh - are there any seeds you are looking for

28/05/2013 at 13:49

cotty1000.. i would love some verbascum, knapweed,orlaya grandiflora..

i have some mixed white/lilac/ruby and red giant scabious seeds.. sorry mixed them up as that is how i like to sow them... and some echinacea pink and white from last years flowering.

i am really after any perennial plants that are good  for bees and butterflies as i am turning garden round to encourage these into my garden.

28/05/2013 at 20:05

garden girl i would love some white campion if anyone has any

28/05/2013 at 20:33

I do have some white campion seeds - message me your address

if you have the tansy seeds I would like them please

28/05/2013 at 20:52

Gardeningfantic I have some aquilegia seeds mixed good for bees

28/05/2013 at 21:48

Gardening fanatic that sounds great.I will take you up on that swap.would you like some six feet tall rudbeckia and echinops for your bees?

28/05/2013 at 22:11

Hello all - here's a list of seeds I have to swap if anyone wants to swap - Aquilegia mix, purple honesty, common burdock, teasel, ponytail grass, hollyhock pink red

30/05/2013 at 09:44

gardengirl.. thanks but i have loads of aquilegia... i am after only green ones at the mo for my shade garden.