Today 18°C / 6°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 4°C
141 to 160 of 665 messages
24/12/2012 at 09:46
This is true nutcutlet. Im looking forward to spring
24/12/2012 at 09:59

me too. A few dry days would be a good start

24/12/2012 at 11:56

I've only just seen this thread.  Is the swap still going?  How do i particpate?

24/12/2012 at 12:00

Hi fraserh31

I was hoping this would go on for a few years yet. The more participants the the more plants and seeds.

24/12/2012 at 12:06

Hello fraserh31

Seeds swap is still going on. you just see if any seeds you like to have and list any you want to swap with others, if then when sorted out what seeds to swap you private message you name and address to sort out posting the seeds.

I will still seed swap - I have pony tail grass, foxgloves pink, Aquilegia pink/ purple and purple honesty seeds

24/12/2012 at 12:14

I'll have a look tonight - I know i have a lot - certainly a lot of calendula!

24/12/2012 at 12:15

Hello nutcutlet

I was wanting the seed swap to go on a bit longer too

24/12/2012 at 12:25

If anyone has any honesty seeds thatd be great!

24/12/2012 at 13:46

I have purple flower honesty seeds, I would swap with you - I like flower seeds to swap with 

25/12/2012 at 13:34

Gardengirl finally got online tolist the seeds I have- and anyone else. All packets, most T&M which came free on Amateur Gardening

French Marigold;Cowslip;GardeningGiant singleSunflower;Sunflower-Brown Eyed Girl;Sunflower-The Bee's Knees; Nicotiana-Fragrant cloud; Nicotinia- Alata; Brachycome Daisy; Sanvitalia-orange sprite; Candtuft-dwarf fairyland mixed; Amaranthus-fat spike;Corn Cockle;Foxglove-apricot; Lychnis-chalcedonica;Schizanthus-angel wings mixed;Morning Glory-star of yelta; Ammi-graceland;MinaLobata- Spanish flag; Cosmos-purity;Calendula-pacific beauty mixed; Clarkia-salmon rose;Clarkia-elegans double delight;Aster-spider chrysanthemum mixed;

26/12/2012 at 15:35

Hi there,

Am just beginning to get my head around seeds, thanks to a seed organiser box pressie, think I need another box though

These seeds are commercially packaged, that I had in bounty bags from Garden shows, Some seed may be old 

Sweet peas -Spencer special mix

Candytuft 'Fairy mix'  - 4 packs

Pansy 'Clear crystal Mix' - 2 packets

I would like some Evening Primrose and Garden girl would love some of you white campion seeds, if possilble

I also have some hollyhock -own collection- creme de cassis and a deep red single (I hope)

Cyclamen hederofolium- white

Lobelia 'Queen Victoria' - perenial - (not many)

A seed mix of cornflower, nigella, poppy, and others I think (own seed)

Bjay

26/12/2012 at 18:33

Sam and nutlet- I agree we are bit ahead of the game with seed swopingbut might have a look at the forum when it gets going. I love growing from seed so would be quite happy discussing how my seeds are doing

Hello fraserh31- I'm thinking the seed swop has only just started

Hi Bev, I would be interested in the cowslips and the corncockle seeds. Is there anything particular plants or seeds that you are thinking of for next year?

Apart from loads of commercial packaged seeds, I  have some small mixed sweet william plants and some small mixed sweet rocket plants. Both were sown in the late summer and are being overwintered in my coldframe so might just flower this year 

Does any one have any spare Aubretia seeds that they would be willing to swop?

Hi bjay

27/12/2012 at 08:05
Gardengirl - when do you plant your aquliega?
27/12/2012 at 09:27

Aquilegias need a cold to germinate. Up til this year I've always sown them fresh which is very successful but leaves you with loads of small plants to see through the winter. This year, having bought new seed from carrie Thomas I'm following her advice and sowing in january. 

http://www.touchwoodplants.co.uk/sowing%20aquilegias.htm

In fact I'll probably do it any day now while temperatures are still reasonably mild and the compost hasn't frozen solid in my unheated greenhouse and I won't freeze either. Another thing I've learnt in my seed sowing years is to write the labels in the warmth of the kitchen before braving the elements. 

27/12/2012 at 22:42
Bev Pounsett-Krynauw wrote (see

French Marigold;Cowslip;GardeningGiant singleSunflower;Sunflower-Brown Eyed Girl;Sunflower-The Bee's Knees; Nicotiana-Fragrant cloud; Nicotinia- Alata; Brachycome Daisy; Sanvitalia-orange sprite; Candtuft-dwarf fairyland mixed; Amaranthus-fat spike;Corn Cockle;Foxglove-apricot; Lychnis-chalcedonica;Schizanthus-angel wings mixed;Morning Glory-star of yelta; Ammi-graceland;MinaLobata- Spanish flag; Cosmos-purity;Calendula-pacific beauty mixed; Clarkia-salmon rose;Clarkia-elegans double delight;Aster-spider chrysanthemum mixed;

What a lot of seeds - took quite a while to look what they all were.  I do know what some of them are and have tried them myself.  I bought ammi Graceland after seeing it on Gardener's World programme.  It looks good,

I would like the Cosmos purity seeds to swap with you.  I will message you with my address.

Hello Bjay,  I would like to swap the white campion seeds for the sweet pea Spencer special mix  if possible.  I will message you my address if you give me yours.

Hello Cottage Garden Fairy,

I sow aquilegia seeds in March/April time, in small pots in my plastic greenhouse and plant when large enough, they then flower the following year. 

27/12/2012 at 22:50

Just tried to message you, it say 'No'

Bjay

27/12/2012 at 23:37

hiya swoppers which flowers can we start off now?  i always seem to start too early and then they get a frost in my cold greenhouse or they get too big and hubby complains about me using too much space indoors! can't win   Great idea to swop

28/12/2012 at 08:29

In my cold greenhouse I'm about to start some hardy perennials and shrubs of the sort that need a chill to kick off. They include  aquilegias, a codonopsis, a couple of corydalis, aconitums. About 20 packets of this and that. I expect these to germinate after the worst of the winter is over. 

What seeds do you want to start?

28/12/2012 at 13:28

I dont start seed yet they would get to leggy indoors for me I wait a bit. On the Grow Your Own dvd they start tomatoes off on Boxing day on the tv to get the heat. 

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/17151.jpg?width=350

Link below great dvd to watch

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grow-Your-Own-Allotment-DVD/dp/B000TQLIBA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356700828&sr=8-1

Gardengirl.. wrote (see)
paulkearney wrote (see)
Garden girl I've got lavender and mint !

Hello paul I like the sound of lavender, are you interested in one of my hebe plants?

Could do a swap if you want?

Photos off Google images of the Hebes I am offering so you can see what the plants look like.

http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16751.jpg?width=350

Hebe charming white
http://s3.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/16753.jpg?width=350

Hebe Lisa pink, both evergreen and the bees like them

Hello Paul just wondering if you still want to swap? 

28/12/2012 at 15:43

Oh i have quite a few aquilegias so could start those of 2moz.  Will the hebe grow from seed?  I have a lovely one I'll just go check its name

141 to 160 of 665 messages