London (change)
Today °C / °C
Tomorrow °C / °C
161 to 180 of 673 messages
28/12/2012 at 16:01

can't find label! I feel a new year resolution coming on

28/12/2012 at 16:58

I was going to sow my hardy stuff today but more garden is disappearing under water so I rescued plants instead. Will sow tomorrow. Cleaned up the bench ready and bought some new seed compost.

budlia, hebe grows from seed but the pretty named varieties may not come true.

28/12/2012 at 18:32

I have never grown hebes from seed only from cutting of plants in my garden or brought them from garden centres.

Cuttings are easy to do and I like growing them that way

Do you like hebes?

28/12/2012 at 18:39

Not my favourites but the bees like them. I don't think I've got many left now. We had a big Midsummer Beauty that took over the drive and had to go, I've got a small one now, placed where it can expand without blocking the way. It seeds about a bit and they look more or less true. 

28/12/2012 at 20:16

Hello nutcutlet

Nice that you got another hebe good evergreen plants - looked that one up and looks nice long flowers, many different ones to choose from

Any one got any more seeds they want to swap or start swapping?

28/12/2012 at 20:43

Hi Gardengirl,

I shall have more as the season moves on. I was very idle with the seed collection this year. New Year's Resolution: Collect the seeds.

28/12/2012 at 20:55

hi jackie frost, I'll make up and post your plants parcel after the holiday period then they won't spend too long in transit.

28/12/2012 at 22:54

Wow, this is still goin strong eh? Fantastic. I am waiting on a delivery of all my new aquilegia seeds just now. 6 packs and post for 10...brilliant I will be sowing my Mugwort tomorrow I think and am working in my journal later to see what else needs done Hope everyone is well and not all flooded out to badly?

29/12/2012 at 19:50

We are still seeds swapping and even some cuttings great going from all.

Where the weather is warmer outside than last year I am doing a few things outside but not many still bit cold - collecting some seeds and trying to sow some and feeding the birds. Lots of bulbs popping up from the ground now and in my pots which is nice to see.

Me sorting out buying a few seeds as have a voucher from plants I brought that ending up changing not what I wanted but still good plants some new seeds I will try and buy.

No flood here just wet windy and puddles

29/12/2012 at 20:31
Hmmm. Same here. Just too cold to do anything outside. Roll on spring
29/12/2012 at 21:18

I went out to play today. A morning in the greenhouse. Sowed all the stuff that needs to chill out.

I have Dactylocapnos scandens left over. Previously known as either Dicentra macrocapnos or D. scandens. I've never been able to tell the difference between the two, Little dangling clusters of yellow flowers on a climber. perennial, likes shade, not too dry. Looks very delicate but is hardy.  Anyone want?

29/12/2012 at 21:49

Ooohhhhh, Im up for some if thats ok? It would go nice up the ash trees I have at the bottom of the garden. What are you looking for in return???

29/12/2012 at 21:59

Hi Sam

PM me your address and they're yours.

What have you got left? though I'm not looking for more seeds really. I never get round to sowing them all. I'm worst with annuals, always waiting for the right time and the right place to direct sow til it's too late.  Doesn't stop me buying more when the GC reduces them at the end of the season.

29/12/2012 at 22:35

Lol, I will do. 

30/12/2012 at 16:28

I been out sowing some of the seed swap seeds for the garden, so nice flowers will arrive when weather warmer and some in pots indoors.

Thanks all for seed swapping so far

30/12/2012 at 22:12
Gardengirl.. wrote (see)

I been out sowing some of the seed swap seeds for the garden, so nice flowers will arrive when weather warmer and some in pots indoors.

Thanks all for seed swapping so far

I have been doing the same Gardengirl I have always been very keen on my garden, but with all the comments on the site and chatting with people its given me a real desperation to get started. I left my stunning little garden behind last year and the new one just wasn't feeling like my garden and have just never settled in the new place. I didn't do much this year as my heart wasn't there longing for my wee cottage but...THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! I have found the corner under the Ash trees where my heart was for my new one and cant wait to get started. I hope we will be seeing alot of pics up here of what people have grown from the seed swap as well? Always nice to see other gardens, inspiration is never a bad thing and new ideas create new paths

30/12/2012 at 23:27

Hi Sam

It is sad to leave a lovely garden. You'll soon have the new one up and running though. 

Just keep the plants coming in and it will be as good as the last one

30/12/2012 at 23:42

Hi Nutcutlet hun,

I have so many plans now and my journal is full of plants I will be growing and what I have swapped

I have so many ideas buzzing about like a wee swarm of hungry bees lol. I have started planting and am already looking at the greenhouse thinking ' maybe need an extension' lol

31/12/2012 at 15:56

Hi Sam all sounds good, you just need to make your garden have your own touch and it would feel better for you add your own flowers plants and seeds.

Hi Bjay I have sent your white campion in the post today you should get them shortly.

02/01/2013 at 13:32

I have found a couple of other packs of seeds to add to

Bev Pounsett-Krynauw wrote (see)

Gardengirl finally got online tolist the seeds I have- and anyone else. All packets, most T&M which came free on Amateur Gardening

French Marigold;;GardeningGiant singleSunflower;Sunflower-Brown Eyed Girl;Sunflower-The Bee's Knees; Nicotiana-Fragrant cloud; Nicotinia- Alata; Brachycome Daisy; Sanvitalia-orange sprite; Candtuft-dwarf fairyland mixed; Amaranthus-fat spike;;Foxglove-apricot; Lychnis-chalcedonica;Schizanthus-angel wings mixed;Morning Glory-star of yelta; Ammi-graceland;MinaLobata- Spanish flag; Cosmos-purity;Calendula-pacific beauty mixed; Clarkia-salmon rose;Clarkia-elegans double delight;Aster-spider chrysanthemum mixed;

Veronica-royal blue shades; Shasta Daisy- silver princess;Delphinium-pacific giants mixed.

I would like to swap for trailing plants for in baskets or ice plants, Delosperma, Lampranthus or Mesembryanthemum.

Hope someone wants some of my seeds they are just being wasted at the moment.

Bev

161 to 180 of 673 messages