Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Seeds are up

Wooohoooo. My first seeds have germinated. Mugwort. Only took about 6 days. Spring is on its way image

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Im on my phone and cant upload a pic but will in the morning. Its a lovely airy thick plant. Hang above your bed for good dreams, and can be used to rid kidney stones as well as aid childbirth. Grows up to 5 foot and has a great movement in the wind.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 24,023

Mugwort is artemisia.

Dordogne and Norfolk. Clay in Dordogne, sandy in Norfolk.
  • I only know my plants by the herbal names. But i will note that down busy lizzie image
  • Im on my phone and cant upload a pic but will in the morning. Its a lovely airy thick plant. Hang above your bed for good dreams, and can be used to rid kidney stones as well as aid childbirth. Grows up to 5 foot and has a great movement in the wind.
  • Hello can someone tell me if its normal that my honeysuckle shrub has started to leaf.I live in northern ireland.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802
    norman wysner wrote (see)

Hello can someone tell me if its normal that my honeysuckle shrub has started to leaf.I live in northern ireland.

Just the mild weather-it will stop if/when it gets colder.

• Mins is the sane Norman Wysner
  • Gardengirl..Gardengirl.. Posts: 4,172

That's good Sam are your seeds indoors they must be fast seeds - mine not shown themselves yet but has not been that long I suppose since I sowed them same day but different seeds. I do have cuttings that I took of cornus dogwood red indoors that seems to be in leaf but no signs of roots yet only done about 3 weeks ago in plastic cup - don't know if they should be somewhere cooler to root. Any one know?

Hampshire Gardener
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

My hardwood cuttings are outside. Inside warmth might bring them into leaf at the expense of roots. 

In the sticks near Peterborough