Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Show us ya Baubles!

Morning folks, 

Here we are again!! image

Please post proud pictures of your trees, humbugs, stockings, wreaths!

I bought my first real tree this year and will be proudly showing you shortly!

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 4,538

So I went to the Range for some new pillows......they had only got one set....didn't want to prioritize one persons need for new pillows over the others... Then I heard a voice from above....."don't forget we have some gorgeous real Christmas trees in stock! Why not take a look!?!" Why not? I thought.....what's the worst that could happen? image phoned hubby, said I was just going to have a look......

Hmmmmm he said.image don't come back with a tall one! As if I would!?image so I happened across a beautiful short but tubby tree! image

Drumroll please!

I did get some pillows each from dunelm image

• That looks gorgeous Wonky image  

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

We bought a cut Nordman last week from our usual place. It is outside in a bucket  until I clear some space for it. I went to lidl today and succumbed to a three footer pot grown for £16.99 We will have it on the patio.  I've just got to venture into the attic for the decorations.

Thanks Dove image

Looking forward to seeing your two Fidget!

• SlumSlum Posts: 385

Ours was cut down yesterday and was home and decorated within a couple of hours!

• imageRudolph and some of his chums made an early Dec visit to us...*The tree etc doesn't emerge  (from the attic) until much, much later in the month; say low 20's >>>. Enjoy Advent to it's full anticipatory extent THEN go big for Christmastide itself is our way.

Slum, what a gorgeous tree! I would love to be able to have one that tall but we have a low ceiling in the snug! I'm like you! Extra keen and every other job was put o hold once I'd got the tree home!

David thats a lovely festive display! I like the idea of the gradual build up of decorations. I think my excuse for being early is I only have four days off so I'm making the most of the build up to Christmas image

• hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

Lovely trees. I have a twig one with multi coloured lights outside since yesterday. Love it to bits. Noticed as I came up the street tonight that I seemed to have led the way this year as a few other houses had their outside lights on tonight. 

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • hogweedhogweed Posts: 4,053

Do these count? Made them tonight for the bookclub ladies tomorrow along with home made puff pastry mince pies.image

'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller

Oh yes indeed they count Hogweed! Very festive, especially the noses! image