London (change)
Today 13°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 9°C
5 messages
07/12/2012 at 11:43

God its cold outside in Sheffield today. Ive just been outside and thought I might do some gardening. That thought lasted about aminute[ definitely seed catalogue reading sort of weather] On the brightside I noticed snowdrops starting to push through and the first primula in flower. Hope springs eternal!

07/12/2012 at 12:09

I have just taken delivery of an apple tree (ordered in October) which has to be planted straight away.  Oh well, on with the thermals !!

07/12/2012 at 14:00

Its very cold down this part of the country(west) and I have seen despite everything daffs poking thier heads above ground,hope its a good sign.oh by the way do think you could keep the snow up your way,Nigel.

07/12/2012 at 20:55

I have copious amounts of Tete a Tete daffs through no sign of Crocus yet they are usually the first in my garden also in a pot out the front I think there's a Muscari poking out,  think the cold will see that off.

08/12/2012 at 12:28

No we don't want the snow herein the midlands either flowering rose, far better it stays in Lapland with santa

I have crocus peeping through which is great because I only planted them what seems a few weeks ago and primroses in flower and the sunshine is beautiful today if still baltic outside.

Lindylou I too took delivery today of a strawberry tree and was about to ask the question 'should i plant it' thank you and yes, on with the thermals then

email image
5 messages