Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Subscription copy

KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

It's not the greatest problem in the world but it is irritating. 

The April edition didn't arrive until several days after it his the shelf in WH Smith, and the same again this month.  In fact it hasn't arrived yet.

The April edition had a "Delivered by hand" insert with it.  I really couldn't care less how they deliver it, just get it here on time please.  Apart from saving a few quid, one of the things I do expect from subscribing is to get the copy early, or at least not later than by going out to buy it.

• That must be annoying. Mine usually seems to arrive on the 23rd of the month (including this month). Perhaps it has been mistakenly delivered to a nearby house - that happens to us quite a lot and I always wonder if the postman can't be bothered to stop everywhere as we're isolated and on an unrestricted A road so it's quite time consuming to stop at each house or farm.

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

My problems with late/non delivery have only started in the last 3 months.  The March issue never arrived and I had to contact the subscriptions department.  April late, and May not yet here.  This seems to have coincided with a change to hand-delivery.  If it isn't here by Friday I will be getting on to the subscriptions people - again.  It's simply not acceptable.  They've had the money so they should get the goods out on time.

Like you, my copy always used to arrive on or about the 23rd.  The problem isn't with the postie.  We've had the same one for years and he's extremely good.

• JerryBoneJerryBone Posts: 91

That's a little annoying. Mine hasn't ever had this issue, I always received mine around the 20th for the following months magazine. Luckily I haven't got this issue!

Hope it doesn't continue for you!

• Zoomer44Zoomer44 Posts: 3,267
    I've never had any trouble with delivery, it came as usual this month.
  • Aster2Aster2 Posts: 629

Can the problem be with the local post office rather than with GW?

On a tangent, I received my copy of the June issue of Country Homes & Interiors a few days ago. June! It's the end of April and freezing cold! (Nice issue, though.)

Aster2 wrote (see)

Can the problem be with the local post office rather than with GW?

On a tangent, I received my copy of the June issue of Country Homes & Interiors a few days ago. June! It's the end of April and freezing cold! (Nice issue, though.)

I don't think so.  As I said previously, the April issue had an insert stating it was Hand Delivered.  That's when the problems started, or at least became apparent.  It wasn't until the April issue arrived that I realised I'd never received the March one (we'd been on holiday when the March one was due and I'd simply forgotten about it).

3 consecutive months of late or no delivery is not on.  I don't care if they've introduced a new system to save money, it's rubbish customer service.

• GrannybeeGrannybee Posts: 332

Mine has not arrived yet image

• floraliesfloralies Posts: 2,717

I get mine at all different times, sometimes before the new month sometimes well into the new month, maybe it depends who is on strike over here at the time!!

Still nothing so I phoned the subscriptions number.  Very nice gent there said that they are running a trial using courier companies instead of Royal Mail.  I commented that the trial doesn't seem to be working for me image.

They will revert mine to Royal Mail and get one in the post to me today.

• NoraWNoraW Posts: 393

Hi KT53 and Grannybee

Really sorry to hear you've not yet received your May magazine.

I've checked with our subscriptions team and there doesn't seem to be an issue with the mail deliveries at the moment. To make sure you get your magazine as quickly as possible I'd contact the team right away, here's how you can reach them:

Call 0844 815 0049

Fill in a contact form here to send them an email:
    https://www.buysubscriptions.com/contactus 

Write to them at:

Dovetail Services Ltd,
    Unit 4F,
    Bingham Road,
    Eurolink Industrial Estate East,
    Sittingbourne,
    Kent,
    ME10 3SU