London (change)
Today 11°C / 5°C
Tomorrow 9°C / 4°C
10 messages
16/08/2012 at 18:15
Looking out my window just now it's raining, again. Warm and humid but can't get out there. Summer seems to have come and gone in a blink and it's time to think of next year. But, an Indian summer? We often do well from September down here and plants will keep floweriing well into year's end but it's the long summer days that have gone all too soon, again.
16/08/2012 at 18:43

Although it has been raining and dull, I do find it nice that it is still warm outside. Just been in the garden and its very dull here in Bournemouth and there are few spots of rain, but it has been really nice in the garden even though the sun doesn't shine, and you get that lovely smell after a fall of fresh summer rain. Don't worry I'm sure the sun will be back soon and Autumn is definately not here yet.

16/08/2012 at 19:22

Weather warm and mixed here in the North West, had a massive down pour yesterday which damaged a couple of my pot display. I took great pride in these as they were my first attempt for a long time so had to tie them up a bit today, but did think as I was doing this job whether it was a sign of summer coming to an end.  But the forcast for the weekend is very warm so will put that to the back of my mind and enjoy each day as they come.  

16/08/2012 at 19:31

Well it's chilly, blowing a gale and pouring with rain down here near Lands End, and it's been like this all day. I have a jumper on and have lit the woodburner. We haven't had a summer - just one good week!!

16/08/2012 at 20:24

I get up early and am usually out in the garden by 5.30am - the last few mornings have definitely had that indefinable hint of autumn about them - something about the way the light catches the spiders' webs strung across the garden, and the sound of the green woodpecker yaffling as he hunts for ants.  It's a beautiful time of year 

16/08/2012 at 20:52
Never mind lowenna. Just think how the rest of the country has fared this summer. We will still have our balmy autumn and winter in Cornwall and not worry about bringing in our pelargoniums to over winter. and forecast is good for Sunday and next week
16/08/2012 at 20:58

Ooh, you little ray of sunshine Christopher - really cheered me up 

Is it really going to be ok next week????

16/08/2012 at 23:08
Yep. I am a little ray of sunshine aren't I? Ha ha
17/08/2012 at 06:30

Apart from two short downpours during thunderstorms we have had no rain here in Czech Republic for the past eight weeks. Yesterday however we had beautiful gentle rain all day but looking at the earth this morning it looks as dry as ever. As we have no mains water here and pump all our water from a well in the garden at least I can today do some washing and use the water collected in the butts to water the vegetables in the green house. Some of the wet stuff you have had in England over the past months would be rearly appreciated here, I have lived and gardened here for three seasons and do miss the english weather.

17/08/2012 at 23:23
Navrsi too much or too little, never just right is it? I guess we are spoilt here and take so much for granted and still moan
email image
10 messages