Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

That's Monty done till March!

That's Monty done till March!

Hopefully there will be some repeats of some gardening programs on through the winter season

• Details of new gardening programmes for the winter .... 
    Catherine Mansley wrote (see)

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say there is a new gardening TV series starting on Monday 9 December, 7pm on BBC2, called the Great British Garden Revival. It runs for a week in December (Monday-Friday) and then returns for a week in January (Monday-Friday, 6-10 January, 7pm, BBC2). 

It features Monty Don, Joe Swift, Carol Klein, Rachel de Thame, James Wong, Chris Beardshaw, Toby Buckland, Charlie Dimmock, Sarah Raven, Tom Hart Dyke, Christine Walkden, Alys Fowler, Diarmuid Gavin and Matt James. Each episode is themed around two different styles or aspects of gardening and there's footage from some beautiful gardens around the country, many of which are open to the public.  

In the first episode, Monty is celebrating wildflowers from Pensthorpe Nature Reserve and Joe Swift is sharing his tips for front gardens from an award-winning street in Tyne and Wear.

There's also a new TV series called Grow, Make, Eat, about allotment growing, which is currently scheduled to start early next year.

Hopefully these will help fill the gap until Gardeners' World and The Beechgrove Garden return.  

Catherine Mansley, features co-ordinator, Gardeners' World Magazine

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Sad to see Monty go.

I'm wishing him a healthy winter, see you in the spring

• I've nearly a hundred recordings of various gardening programs on my PC going back to 2005 so I'm all set - having a freesat/freeview TV card in the computer is really handy! image

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • Bob would you copy March to July for me as I missed these 

I only just started watching GW this year I could even send you some CD or pay you for this service ?? PM me with details 

James

• Hi James, Unfortunately I haven't got any recordings of the last few series of GW.  To be frank I don't enjoy it as much as I used to so I don't bother recording it anymore.

A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

there are lots of old gardening programmes on You Tube. Some better quality than others.

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • thanks folks I will have a look 

James 

• LoracLorac Posts: 5

No more Nigel either - my Friday evenings just won't be the same

• I think Nigel might be getting his own series soon image

• GillyLGillyL Posts: 1,077

Lot more talent than several people on TV...image