Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

The A to Z of TV Gardening

I've just had the pleasure of watching the above (BBC2 0915am - 10.00am). Probably the best BBC gardening program for years...and there it was hidden away & unannounced on this drab Sunday morning.

"Carol Kirkwood takes an alphabetical journey through the world of television gardening, getting inspiration and advice from some of the BBC's most popular gardening presenters and programmes. In this episode, she explores subjects that all begin with the letter A."

*Roll on episode 2, next Sunday morning! image

*I believe it's on at a slightly earlier time next Sunday, so maybe worth checking.

• Gary HobsonGary Hobson Posts: 1,892

That program is here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01px5w6/The_A_to_Z_of_TV_Gardening_Letter_A/

One of the advantages of iPlayer, CatchupTV, YouView, Now, and all these ways of viewing the past week's programs, on demand, on your main TV, is that people can now watch this program, at their leisure, any night this week.

• sotongeoffsotongeoff Posts: 9,802

Just checked- it is an original programme not a repeat-only gets one showing early on a Sunday Morning on BBC2 and if I hadn't been flicking through the programme guide would not have noticed it.

Looks like catch-up tv for the first-must set recorder for the restimage

Odd bit of scheduling thoughimage

• Thanks for the heads up David - will get the iPlayer rollong image

• Thanks for letting us know David, I shall certainly watch it.
  • I would say that some of the footage is from already seen programs....having said that, the format is excellent.

Nice to see Alan T, Monty D, Alys F, Toby B, Chris B, Joe S & Rachel-de T, all under the same roof as it were. 

• happymarionhappymarion Posts: 4,591

Oh, thank you, BBC.  I have just watched it.  Most i had seen a long time ago but revision hurts no one and it is being shown just at the right time.

• LisaJLisaJ Posts: 48

I came across this by chance this morning too.  I was setting the reminder for it next week and saw they are also repeating Carol Klein's Life in a Cottage Garden at 8.15 next week before the A to Z programme.

• Matty2Matty2 Posts: 4,817

Thanks for that. OH or me did not notice it scheduled. I-player later on i think

Must say had Geoff Hamilton DVD's and having just watched his Paradise gardens series, thought that maybe BBC execs should catch up on his programmes + his GW because they are really what us gardeners want to see., Not him as such but that sort of informative, realistic programme.

• PalaisglidePalaisglide Posts: 3,414

Wish I had time to watch TV on a Sunday morning David, chance would be a good thing, I am just sitting down at half two replete from a roast lunch, the stuffing would be getting made when the programme was on.
    I do have some Video of the old garden programmes but need to convert them to DVD and digital having bought a new TV and disc player at Christmas, meanwhile anyone else arriving gets their own tea I am finished for the day.

Frank.

• Sue HSue H Posts: 415
    Stopped doing Sunday lunch. Teenage children failed to turn up on too many occasions! Do it one night during the week when I am not at work. Then get Sunday to do other things I like. Garden, tv, everything image