London (change)
Today 18°C / 15°C
Tomorrow 20°C / 15°C
21 to 34 of 34 messages
19/03/2013 at 20:29

I wonder if the Beechgrove will get a bigger budget and a makeover now it is going BBC wide?  I hope it doesn't change too much if it does. It is the straightforward advice for people who live in ordinary houses with ordinary gardens that drew me to it on the I-Player.  If I ignore the non-organic aspects it is far more helpful and relevant to me than much of GW, which seems to be aimed predominantly at people in the south of England with rather large gardens. 

19/03/2013 at 21:14

Yes Ive enjoyed it how it was...have been watching on iPlayer. Its going to have Chris Beardshaw isnt it alongside the existing Scottish presenters which is good cos I was worried they would try and elbow the existing team aside...thank goodness not ! Hopefully this means a bit more continuity as it starts its first season nationwide Its got to be good, giving us more gardening programmes and more choice nationwide has got to be good

19/03/2013 at 21:19
Looking forward to it mystery woman
20/03/2013 at 11:18

Agree entirely with Tall Paul,it has been aimed at ordinary gardeners, not like GW with Monty telling us to use leaf mould when all us plebs have is a half dozen rose trees to collect leaves from and Carol up to her elbows in wet compost taking dozens of cuttings when half a dozen would be enough for me!

Cheers

23/03/2013 at 15:17

Will have to wait to find out TV time yet, but good to watch on TV, I liked to watching it on iplayer before don't want them to change the programme much even though colder in scotland they were not to far behind weather wise helps me to keep up with what I am doing gardening wise

27/03/2013 at 12:07

Right- the latest news is in England it will be shown at 9.30 on Sunday Morning BBC 2

http://www.thebeechgrovegarden.com/

27/03/2013 at 15:33

Thanks Geoff, noted down ready

27/03/2013 at 16:11
JIMMMY wrote (see)

Agree entirely with Tall Paul,it has been aimed at ordinary gardeners, not like GW with Monty telling us to use leaf mould when all us plebs have is a half dozen rose trees to collect leaves from and Carol up to her elbows in wet compost taking dozens of cuttings when half a dozen would be enough for me!

Cheers

That made me laugh Jimmmy and as a Scot I'm now going to offend everyone and say ' I hate Beechgrove'!! I've tried to like it over the years (honest!) but I just can't get past yon wumman that badly needs a makeover Now that Chris Beardshaw's going to be on it I might take another look though Does anyone remember the other old guy that was on it at the start with Jim? He always used to say 'tatties- aye Jim' and it became a catchphrase with me and my sister. We're easily pleased up here folks A stramash right enough!!!

27/03/2013 at 23:27

Hi Fairygirl, was it George Barron??  I wasn't living here then so only got to see it when staying with my aunt on holiday.

28/03/2013 at 08:03

You could be right HJ as I think it was 'George and Jim' whenever they were mentioned! Aye aye Jim, tatties aye..

28/03/2013 at 10:58

My cousin used to refer to them as Bill & Ben (the flowerpot men).

04/04/2013 at 08:39

A gentle reminder that this returns tonight or Sunday -depending on your viewing choice

04/04/2013 at 08:42
Set to record already
04/04/2013 at 10:33
Looking forward to beechgrove garden. Prob have to record,it though.
email image
21 to 34 of 34 messages