1 to 20 of 157 messages
07/11/2012 at 15:26

Has anyone had dealings with The Canny Gardener ? I received a catalogue from them this morning and have never heard of them before

Pam LLx

07/11/2012 at 15:29

Are they based in Hereford Pam?

07/11/2012 at 16:15

Yes they are Geoff

Pam LL x

07/11/2012 at 16:21

Just done a quick check-the company has only been in business since June this year-there are no reviews good or bad-but reputation counts for everything-honestly I would let someone else take the risk

Are they offering anything different from any other company?

There is no web-site with pretty pictures-that is still being set-up-I would have thought that as essential in this day and age

08/11/2012 at 10:41

I have had some wallflower plugs from them, and I have to say they are extremely healthy. The packaging was great and very secure. I see the website is up now.

I'll certainly be ordering more from them.

08/11/2012 at 10:45
Shropshire Lad wrote (see)

I have had some wallflower plugs from them, and I have to say they are extremely healthy. The packaging was great and very secure. I see the website is up now.

I'll certainly be ordering more from them.

Mmm-Well this is what I see-under construction/being updated

http://thecannygardener.com/

What do you see?

08/11/2012 at 11:06

Hello, my name is Tony Milne I am the Managing Director of The Canny Gardener. I have a degree in Horticulture and have worked in the retail gardening sector for over 20 years and have over that time sold many millions of plug plants and garden products to mail order customers. I have set up The Canny Gardener using the latest systems, growing techniques and varieties to ensure that we give customers better plants, better prices and better customer service. Our nursery is located on the south coast and is one of the very best/efficient in the country which means our plant quality is second to none and our prices are very low. We have spent time and money developing and testing new packaging and make use of The Royal Mail for delivery to stop the problems of damage in transit. We have also developed unique systems which allow us to tell you (the minute you order) the exact week in which each of your plants will be delivered. We are confident enough that we back everything with a 100% guarantee. If you have any other questions please give us a call or visit our web site www.thecannnygardener.com which is fully operational (appologies if anyone had problems accessing the site previously, I'm not  sure what the problem would have been).

Regards,

Tony 

08/11/2012 at 11:10

That's what I was getting yesterday, but today I see a full site. Maybe try the refresh button??

08/11/2012 at 11:16

Hello Tony  I tried your link but it doesn't work for me

I buy quite a lot of plants by mail order so was interested in your catalogue - can I ask where you got my name ,please? As I haven't heard of your company before I though I would ask here

Pam LL x

08/11/2012 at 11:18

Just tried typing in the canny gardener and your website has come up

Pam LL x

08/11/2012 at 11:34

I have received your mag yesterday am going to place an order if i can find how to order via internet

08/11/2012 at 11:38
Harold Holyhead wrote (see)

I have received your mag yesterday am going to place an order if i can find how to order via internet

Their website is mentioned in some of the posts above. You just click on this link...

http://www.thecannygardener.com/shop/

08/11/2012 at 11:41

Mr Milne's link doesn't work for me, but Geoff's takes me to a site with very few details, take a look at the Bird Friendly Shrub Collection - the shrubs aren't named and there are no real cultural instructions.  The Butterfly Friendly collection is similar.  It doesn't inspire me. 

08/11/2012 at 11:59

Tried link from Mr Milne and got web site does not exist. Entered thru Georg link. Quick look but I don't think i'll use them. For 'Plants for Shade' just had Streptocarpus.

08/11/2012 at 12:28

Hey everyone, I got my catalogue this morning.  Great plants and great value.  I'm new to plug plants and this seems just what is needed in austere times.  Also looked at the website - I got on through the Georg Faust link.

08/11/2012 at 12:36

Click on the link that the MD provides takes you nowhere-sorry and all that but that does not inspire confidence-having finally landed on site- p&p is a steep £4.95 per order whereas a a lot of companies that sell bedding do free p & p.

100% guarantee is all well and good-that is standard practise-but until someone needs and asks for a refund how good is it?

All for new enterprise in these troubled times but their seems to be a few teething problems-I would steer clear until there are some reviews positive or negative of this company.

One person telling me about wallflower plugs means nothing at this stage.

On  the other hand if Mr Milne was to dish out some freebies.................................

08/11/2012 at 12:40

My cynical head is telling me that 3 people endorsing this new company on this thread is somewhat odd?

08/11/2012 at 12:45

For all three  posters making recommendations, they are their only posts so far on this board - my children don't call me Miss Marple for nothing 

08/11/2012 at 12:54
Dovefromabove wrote (see)

Mr Milne's link doesn't work for me...

Dovefromabove wrote (see)

... - my children don't call me Miss Marple for nothing.

The reason why Mr Milne's link apparently 'doesn't work', is very simple. There should be 2 n's in canny, rather than the 3 quoted.

Perhaps Miss Marple needs to visit Specsavers, or learn to spell.

08/11/2012 at 12:54

My point exactly Dove-looks like a bit of sneaky marketing to me.

1 to 20 of 157 messages