London (change)
Today 15°C / 8°C
Tomorrow 17°C / 7°C
11 messages
09/08/2012 at 11:47

Next Wednesday 8.00 BBC1-another make-over show-I am not hopeful, as it sticks to a tried and tested "past its sell-by date" formula-and it goes down the "look at us" we are doing it for a good cause and it even says "can they pull of stunning results?"

I think we all now the answer to that one-and the presenters do not inspire

Details here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00w5plf

4 programmes in the series.

Anyway -just a heads up-make of it what you will.

I have my cynical head on

09/08/2012 at 16:02

I have to agree with you.  Anneka Rice and Phil Tuffnell - say no more.  Ok Joe Swift knows about design and planting.  Why can't the BBC spend the money making GW an hour programme or at least put on a proper gardening show which will appeal to us gardeners and not another slap dash, paint it and bodge it garden makeover.  I have to say I for one will not be watching it. 

09/08/2012 at 17:18

They are surely aimed at different audiences.

Howevre, have te agree taht real garden enthusiasts, whether beginners, capable amateurs or experts, need an hour of GW and why not Beechgrove too?  

Since we're constantly being told the nation is getting fat and sedentary we could also swap some antique and car boot repeats for new garden programmes intended to inform and inspire us to get out there and move a bit.

09/08/2012 at 17:38

Quite obviously I don't know anything about the details, but I wonder why the staff at this home, or even relatives, have apparently not made any effort to tidy the place up.

I'd have thought that getting a garden into shape would have provided ideal theraputic work for the people staying there. Surely they're capable of doing something? Having the makeover 'done' in a week, by some outsiders, seems to miss the point about gardening being a theraputic activity.

If the program had tried to show how ordinary people can begin to tackle a job like that, for themselves, in their own gardens, it would have made far more sense, and would have been of practical use to others.

09/08/2012 at 17:43

To put a hopeful and positive spin on it, maybe it's one of those jobs that just needs an injection of knowledgeable input to enthuse the residents/rellys/staff/locals who will then keep it up. Not quite sure how Rice and Tufnell fit in to this scenario $- )

14/08/2012 at 22:28

I've had a quick look at the link for this .............it's not for me.

15/08/2012 at 06:29

Is this intended to be a revamped version of the previous series?

There's a clip of that on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcF9JSxkUSE

I do hope they keep the original theme tune. Simply change the names... Phil and Joe, Phil and Joe.. dum de dum de dum.

17/08/2012 at 23:20
I watched a recording of flowerpot gang this evening expecting to turn off quite quickly. It's not a gardening prog but it was a lovely project, bringing people together etc, "corny" some might say. I enjoyed it and if it came to my area I would take part. Still want more gardening progs though
23/08/2012 at 14:07

Our playground was featured on The Flowerpot Gang last night.  We designed, built and installed a natural climbing frame from a felled tree and a flowered parasol garden.  We had a really good reaction from children, young carers, families, staff and the community.  If you are interested in photos and past projects please see our website www.infiniteplaygrounds.co.uk

23/08/2012 at 14:11
Infinite Playgrounds wrote (see)

Our playground was featured on The Flowerpot Gang last night.  We designed, built and installed a natural climbing frame from a felled tree and a flowered parasol garden.  We had a really good reaction from children, young carers, families, staff and the community.  If you are interested in photos and past projects please see our website www.infiniteplaygrounds.co.uk

Really -so you thought you would use this site to blow your own trumpet and as a free advertising tool-I find such action unacceptable

23/08/2012 at 14:24

We are a small company who donated our time, resources, experience and designs to help a worthwhile charity.  We hope people are interested in some of the work that we do in play landscaping and natural playgrounds.

email image
11 messages