Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

the vernon geranium company

do any of you know if the vernon geranium company are part of a group, i have just recieved a catalogue in the post

• thanks Edd very helpfull

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

Yes same company as T&M, had problems with them last year, plants arrived detached from their plugs, unbelievably they were just cuttings with no roots pushed into a plug.

• i wontt be using them if they have any conection to T&M

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Vernon geranium catalogue on the mat when I got in this evening, My first thought was that it was T&M

Vernon geraniums used to have a good reputation, but as with Van meeuwen which is T&M under another name, I won't be using them.

• I bought a plum and a greengage tree from T&M, with the assurance they would be covered in blossom and fruit after the first year of planting, so far after three years there has been approximately a dozen blossoms on each and no fruit.  I contacted the company and never had a reply.

I wondered how Vernon Geranium knew my details, this thread explains it.  Can anyone recommend a mail order company?

• last year i ordered begonia plug plants, sweet potato slips and an orange buddlia 

when i ordered i was given delivery dates nothing arrived when it should the begonias were very early and despite potting on and keeping them in the the warm greenhouse  none did very well, when the buddlias did arrive and eventually fowered they were bog standard purple. i did complain but wasnt very happy with the response i got so i wont use them again

• mike wmike w Posts: 43

I found out via a wrong telephone number I was given!when dialing it T &M answered then asked how I had got the number. I was obviously the same switchboard the telephonist was coy about the relationship with Vernon but eventually admitted they had been bought out by T & M.

i would not use them again because of recent poor service and product.

mike w

• Mark 499Mark 499 Posts: 380

I think T&M were a reputable company but recently quality control seems to have gone out of the window.

I was told that they use third party suppliers for their plants & pay them very little for growing them.