Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Things I don't get

Tea warms you in the winter and cools you down in the summer. Not being a tea drinker, I wonder how it knows which to doimage

The coffee cultureimage

Cigarettes calm you down and give you a boost. How do they know what you want?image

Pristine lawnsimage

Plastic grassimage

The Olympicsimage

Anything that comes out of a juicerimage

Smoothiesimage

Cold soup  - even if it's meant to be like thatimage

Sports clothes size XXXLimage

People who overtake you and then turn leftimage

Last edited: 26 August 2016 15:04:17

In London. Keen but lazy.

• PalustrisPalustris Posts: 4,307

People who pull out of junctions forcing you to brake and then they drive slowly.

Posting Music videos on Garden sites.

• CeresCeres Posts: 2,697

Garden centres with fine displays of horsetails.

• LoganLogan Posts: 2,532

The tea thing is,when someone is hot,drinking tea warms the inside to the temperature on the outside so makes the person feel better.My hubby doesn't think so.image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

TV

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Spending the first few years of your life wishing you were as old as your big sister or brother so you can do all the "grown up" things that they are able to do, and then as we age being grateful for being the younger. Well I do anyway.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,472

I always wanted to be18. Then I would be sophisticated, independent and ,of course, beautiful.

I watch the beginning of the house programmes and the last ten minutes to see the ' reveals'.

I also watch Only Connect and feel really proud if I get one or two answers. That's about it.

• ObelixxObelixx Posts: 30,064

Tea in winter warms your innards and in hot weather it makes you sweat which is a cooling mechanism.

Love coffee as long as it's simple, honest coffee and not all this latte/americano/whatever with an extra shot rubbish.   

Smoking just makes you smell dreadful, dulls your taste buds and encourages cellular mutation leading to nasty illnesses.   Exhaling does the same for people nearby.   The evidence is overwhelming.  Why keep on doing it to yourself and others?

I like gazpacho, occasionally, but not vichyssoise type cold soups.  Cold cream is for puds.

XXXL sports clothes?  You have to wear something when/if you decide to try and get fit and lose the blubber.

My bafflement is attics.   Why is ours so big and why did we let it get so full of stuff?   No more hoarding for me after this move.

Vendée - 20kms from Atlantic coast.
    "The price good men (and women) pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men (and women)."
    Plato

That's what everyone says obelixx. If you put just one thing into it , it's like breaking into a £50 note  - the start of the slippery slope. Anyway you have to fill it with junk for future generations to rummage through. It has to be done.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.