London (change)
Mon 17°C / 13°C
Tomorrow 14°C / 8°C
21 to 27 of 27 messages
01/03/2013 at 13:05

We did. We spent many many happy hours playing in the streets and alleys, with little of no traffic to bother us.

This is our garden at its best, so as you can see I did grow up to have greenspace arround me.

http://www.ideasforgardens.net/berghill/CoachTrip/

01/03/2013 at 13:18

Berghill

what a lovely garden, you have clearly put in alot of work.. I like the different sections and shaping aswell.. 

01/03/2013 at 14:27

What a wonderful garden! You must be an alpine expert but it seems to have everything else as well. I feel quite humble. Is it open to the public? We were hoping to go to Shropshire next year. Has to be planned as a long way from SW France. Going to S East this year, Devon last year.

01/03/2013 at 17:43

About the only thing we did as regards gardening as youngsters was to walk home fom the Swimming Baths and give marks out of ten for the gardens which we passed.

01/03/2013 at 20:36
discodave wrote (see)

them were the days grandma, though not sure about lusting at school.... 

Of course, you never did that yourself.

02/03/2013 at 06:29

lol, your joking, in school I was lusting all the time... well not so much in primary school

02/03/2013 at 07:39
Oh dear, I was a good girl generally, but not in the garden. We made rose petal perfume, chopped a worm in half, and pulled a branch off a tree trying to get at conkers. My mum used to drag us around Ness Gardens to look at the rhododendrons (yawn) so I hated them and used to pull off the buds of the one at home. We also picked laburnum pods to play with even though we knew they were poisonous, and picked white berries (snow berries?) off the hedge as they made a satisfying 'pop!' under your shoe. Oh and we blew dandelion clock seeds all over the place. My poor mum has never held a grudge and now gives me plants and advice for my own garden. I did in recent years see a little girl at a birthday party bashing the flowers off a lovely magnolia with a stick but couldn't get to her in time. I'm so sorry for all my gardening sins. I really didn't know just how awful I was.
email image
21 to 27 of 27 messages