Start a new thread

1 to 14 of 14 replies

Oakley Witch

I thought I would share these to let folk see how dull my evenings are with no gardening. 1 tin can, 1 blowtourch and some old wire and a pair of snips and an hour = a small family of Dragonflies. These will look great on the tops of canes in the garden in amongst the plants

budlia63

can we buy em Sam?

Oakley Witch

I suppose you could lol. I bought one like it years ago for £10 but he was lonely so decided to see if I could make some myself. How many are you thinking?

budlia63

please send me a close up pic and i'm thinking 3

Advertisement

Pennine Petal

They look good Sam, you are very creative!

Oakley Witch

Thanks New Years Fizz. Jeweller to trade. Just prefer to work in recycles materials for the garden now

budlia63

I love em but OH in bed now and how much would you sell for? Thanx sam

Oakley Witch

No worries. No idea what to sell as so you can make a suggestion?

Sam that looks good the only thing I have done with a tin can is to use as plant pot - has to be a ring pull one opened up and emptied washed then turn upside down and take bottom of can off the other lid, keep and use as bottom of pot drop down to the ring pulled side then fill with dirt/ compost and seeds like normal pots - sunflowers good to grow this way when grown push up the bottom of the pot and a nice size plant comes out hopefully saw this on GW programme and worked well when I had a go. 

Anybody made anything else with a tin can?

nutcutlet

That's splendid Sam.

OH has been collecting cans for years. He's going to build a summer house and tile it with flattened out cans. 

Oakley Witch
nutcutlet wrote (see)

That's splendid Sam.

OH has been collecting cans for years. He's going to build a summer house and tile it with flattened out cans. 

Nutcutlet...that's a great idea I would def love a shed like that. Will draw the heat through the day too

Gardengirl...that's a great idea. I haven't seen it but am def goin to give it a shot. 

Dovefromabove...that looks pretty cool I think my technological skills might reach to that lol.

flowering rose

very clever use of cans,they look great.