Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Tonight DIY... gt Ormond St Hospital

check out bbc 1 tonight. Great  Ormond St Hospital  and a lovely garden twist

should be quite special image

• AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 5,290

Will Iplayer it later... I am anticipating tears... 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489

There were tears from a number of people me included.

SW Scotland
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 5,290

What an amazing achievement from the whole team. They have created a beautiful space which will have a positive effect on so many families during their bleakest times. Heartbreaking and heartwarming.

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • I didn't notice any water feature in the garden (unlike at Chelsea). Did I miss it? It would be good to have something to attract birds, I feel. But anyway, it was an impressive project. Well done!

• KT53KT53 Posts: 9,012

Go out and buy the biggest box of Kleenex you can find before watching it.  The stories of Billy's and Julian's children were enough to set me off.  I also didn't know about Chris Beardshaw's health problems.

• DaisydayDaisyday Posts: 373

I tuned into this programme but found I couldn't watch after very sick children were featured with their brave parents. It was all too sad for me so I didn't get to see how the garden was transported. This was a lovely idea though and  I do hope people can enjoy it.image