Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Top jobs for the weekend

What are your main jobs for the weekend? Mine are weeding a border and clean the gutter around the house

• Daryl2Daryl2 Posts: 452
    My friend gave me two trugtubs full of bare root perennials that she had dug out of her garden so my urgent job is to either pot them up or get them into the ground. They vary from little sprigs of lamium to big clumps of kniphofia.
  • I've still got bulbs to plant and some potted perennials that need to go out.

All the tender stuff is still out too including some cuttings so I'll take advantage of the daylight to decide what needs to happen.

They are the fun jobs- the wind blew one of my waterbutts out of the chain and that's going to need reattachingimage

Wearside, England.
  • Picking the ripe chillis in the greenhouse for my colour blind husband.

• TootlesTootles Posts: 1,469

finding, than haggling, for a stone bench and some terraccotta pots! Very excited!

• Lupin 1Lupin 1 Posts: 8,916

Attending to begonia and dahlia tubers and potting on some winter lettuce.

• chickychicky Posts: 10,409
    Clearing my pots of the summer annuals, planting up with tulips instead, and another assault on the weedingimage
  • FairygirlFairygirl Posts: 55,117

More digging out of turf for new paths, sowing of green manure, plants to be moved  and a million other things but there won't be enough hours! image

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

I live in west central Scotland - not where that photo is...
  • A lovely morning here in Aberdeen, so I think I will start collecting for my leaf compost

• Bulbs, bulbs and more bulbs

• Still need to plant bulbs in containers and flower beds....tidy the greenhouse and pullout the tomato and cucumber debris......start to bring in pelargoniums that have given up flowering....re~pot a Camellia.....pot up some rooted cuttings.....visit the garden centre for more pots and maybe something in flower for a bit more colour......and I wouldn't mind betting that I won't do any of this because its a horrible windy nasty day and I have temporarily run out of enthusiasm.........oh and endless leaf sweeping ugh ! Please someone tell me I am not alone in my unenthusiastic state !