Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Trip to Cambridge University Botanical Garden 11th October

The TWIGS are planning yet another Trip With Iceni Gardeners - this time to the Cambridge University Botanical Garden - hopefully on Saturday 11th October.

You are all very welcome to join us image 

Who's interested?

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

meimage

In the sticks near Peterborough

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352

I'm really hoping to come - but, when I looked at the calendar, I saw that I've pencilled in to go to a talk with a friend that day.  There are several ???'s after it so it's not cast in stone - but if she still wants to go I think I should treat it as a prior commitment - will try to find out over the next week.

Feel a bit bad about that because we only said the 11th to fit in with my plans for the next 2 weeks. So - if it suits you guys better to go on either the 18th or 25th please go ahead without me - but if you decide to go ahead with the 11th I'll join you if I can.

Wonder if anyone new will come? The gardens are walking distance from the rail station - so might be a bit more accessible for those who need to come from a bit further afield.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I think I'll be going by train, so much easier than trying to park or park and ride

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Me too.  What time are you thinking of arriving?

• 4thPanda4thPanda Posts: 4,145

Topbird, maybe you could persuade your friend to come too? image

I'm a tentative, will look at train times and my diary when I feel more awake image

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

me tooimage

• I'm in!  imageimageimage

• BizzieBBizzieB Posts: 885

Dove,  I'm very interested as using the train is easier for me..but away in Yorkshire that week image  

What happened to  Snoodles/Topbirds  'last saturday in the month'  plan? 

• Well, if Topbird really can't make it after all, then we could re-jig the date if others haven't booked tickets etc yet

What do you think folks?