London (change)
Today 7°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
1 to 20 of 24 messages
23/12/2012 at 12:48

Hi everybody,mostly i don't spend much time watching the box in the corner  But seeing as iv just finished membraning the front garden ready to loose stone it with raised beds and some nice potted plants (all doo too cats continually using it as a toilet) i thought id just check Whats on over Christmas, and i can honestly say if i were in control of what rubbish is going to be put on I would  Sack Myself and give the job to somebody else,when i think how much they get paid its an insult its  all  the same rubbish loads of repeats and  now they put a  new tab beside it as its a different person going  to present and  talk about all the once again repeat stuff  so this makes it ? NO weather its BBC or the others its Rubbish and a disgrace Right i feel much better now and the suns just showed its face, might into Tenby for a Christmas coffeeand  oh by the way the allotments looking all ready for next year after all the great advise you gave me this year So just be carefull with that TV All have a merry one and good luck to everybody   im told next year is going to be very sunny  with rain only over night to order if required Alan 4711 

23/12/2012 at 14:01

TV is largely a matter of individual choice.

For me, the only unmissable TV Christmas program was the SCD final, which was shown last night.

Radio Times for Christmas and New Year contains some 280 pages of, well, ....

Alan4711 wrote (see)

...Rubbish ...

Channel 5's offering for Christmas day is back-to-back episodes of Eddie Stobbarts Trucks and Trailers. For goodness' sake!

There's very little that you wouldn't find on an average weekend or weekday.

Surprisingly there seems to be virtually nothing about the Olympics. Just one program, already shown, with Gaby Logan acting silly, and bunch of comedians, taking a wry view of the event.

23/12/2012 at 15:50

Alan- as someone who watches too much TV-calling it all rubbish is a bit OTT-there is some good stuff on but it is matter of personal taste

What do you like?

23/12/2012 at 16:09

After a quick look through the Radio Times and as someone who doesn't watch much TV  I thought it didn't look too bad this year.  Quite a few new offerings I'm looking forward to like Downton, Mrs Brown's Boys, Miranda and The Royle Family as well as a couple of good films. 

23/12/2012 at 16:11

It would be nice to have some programs which have something special about them.

There's one hour of Downton Abbey, and a Christmas Special of SCD. I would describe those as decent original programs for Christmas. But original programs like that are far too few.

Far too much of the rest is recycled dross.

If we're going to have repeats, at least we could have something decent repeated - Monty's Italian Gardens, or a repeat of the Olympics Opening Ceremony - that would have filled up 3 hours of the schedule.

Ideally we'd like Skyfall. But the BBC coffers probably don't run to that. So, on Christmas Day, we've got a repeat of Dads' Army instead. It really isn't as good.

23/12/2012 at 16:11

I've set the magic machine to record loads of films which I can then watch over the next few months.

23/12/2012 at 16:34

What's a TV?

23/12/2012 at 16:40

Transvestite

23/12/2012 at 16:44

There's a lovely opera and Broadway music.

23/12/2012 at 16:53

your right there is alot of rubbish on over Christmas,and if you have been around as long as I have ,you will have seen most of the films dozen times or more.Is it because they think we will be to drunk and disorderly to notice or cant they afford anything else.but of course if you haven't seen any of the rubbish they put on you might well enjoy it,(moan).

23/12/2012 at 17:03

Just a matter of taste-TV-what someone calls rubbish is just their opinion-I really dont think there is any need to be so dismissive-or a bit snooty

Anyway there is always radio,books and families-enough to keep any body occupied

Wont be watching opera-but will be watching Mrs Browns Boys-along with the rest of the great unwashed

Happy Christmas to all-whatever you do with it

23/12/2012 at 19:56

thanks santa cruise. I was puzzled

23/12/2012 at 20:41

I didn't bother looking after hearing most of the programmes on the BBC this year are repeats...but...the Queens speech won't be a repeat and then there's always Freeview and Sky  for those spending Christmas and New Year here in the UK   I'm going to Tenerife on 28th for 11 days so don't plan to watch much TV.

23/12/2012 at 20:55

Happy Christmas to all you fellow grubby handed souls whatever you watch/don't watch.

May I say a special "Happy Christmas" to happymarion - There's a lovely opera and Broadway music. - you're a tonic.

23/12/2012 at 21:19

Roll on spring when montys back on

23/12/2012 at 22:02

And I second you Maggie...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all...

23/12/2012 at 22:09

And if you can't wait till Spring martymowe, Monty does a regular spread in the Daily Mail each Saturday 

23/12/2012 at 22:10

And Happymarion has just watched "Loving Miss Hatto" and thoroughly enjoyed it after a hard day's baking.  If all the Xmas programmes are up to that standard I will be very pleased indeed.  As Miss Hatto kept saying "It is all in the music"

24/12/2012 at 17:22

I agree Marion - what a lovely & different programme Loving Miss Hatto was, and as Lazy Gardener mentioned there are some very good radio programmes on offer also.  Martin Jarvis reading a "Just William" story on Radio 4 yesterday evening was brilliant and absolutely cracked me up and there's another one next Sunday evening to look forward to. 

26/12/2012 at 11:19
I enjoyed Miss Hatto too. Watched Downton, Shrek and the witch on the broomstick. A big kid at heart! Stayed up late and watched Cold Mountain, which I really like. Now that we download films or watch DVDs, the big film on Christmas Day just isn't the same now.
1 to 20 of 24 messages