Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

UPLOADING PICTURES

There seems to be a problem with uploading pictures using the direct link option-this has been reported as a bug and hopefully will be fixed soon.

http://www.gardenersworld.com/forum/site-feedback/new-site---bugs/1423-6.html

I have found you can still upload pictures by using the external site option from a photo sharing site like flickr or photobucket by clicking on "external site" and posting the link

It is an alternative until the bug is fixedimage

• thank sotongeoff for helping only just started on here bugs bugs and more bugs imageimageimageimage

• Thanks!

• HI SOTONGEOFF THANKS FOR THE INFO IT WORKED COULD YOU TAKE A LOOK GEORGE

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 393 admin

Hello everyone.

An update: the technical team have identified and fixed the image upload problem on our development server, and the fix will be published on the live site at some point later today. Once again, I'm sorry for the problem - not much longer before you can upload images again.

Daniel Haynes
    Editor, gardenersworld.com

• Daniel HaynesDaniel Haynes Posts: 393 admin

Further update: the image upload 'fix' is now live on the site. image

Daniel Haynes
    Editor, gardenersworld.com

• Can anyone explain how to upload pics into a thread using an iPad? Many thanks in advance.
  • figratfigrat Posts: 1,619
    I haven't found a way to do it. I think there's limited functionality on this site with iPads. The only workaround would be to upload pics onto an external site, then copy and paste the link into the message box - but then other posters would have to copy and paste that link into their browser to see the picture - I haven't found a way to insert a hyperlink either. If you find a way, please let me know!
  • Will do, thanks for the response.
  • Figurative, I have tried using photo bucket, which says that their uploaded is flash, which is yet another site that doesn't work with apple image

Can you tell me which sites you have managed to use with your iPad. Many thanks.