Start a new thread

21 to 40 of 97 replies

If I put my Christmas sprouts on to boil tonight, will they be safe to eat come the 25th ?

josusa47

Has it ever occurred to you that when you look at the moon it's the same moon that was seen by Michaelangelo. Shakespeare, Florence Nightingale and Margaret Thatcher, and all those people are now dead?  Don't look at the moon! The moon is killing people!

Last edited: 07 December 2017 00:02:49

Clarington
Tootsietim says:

If I put my Christmas sprouts on to boil tonight, will they be safe to eat come the 25th ?

See original post

You're cutting it fine but you might just be okay!

Clarington
josusa47 says:

Has it ever occurred to you that when you look at the moon it's the same moon that was seen by Michaelangelo. Shakespeare, Florence Nightingale and Margaret Thatcher, and all those people are now dead?  Don't look at the moon! The moon is killing people!

Last edited: 07 December 2017 00:02:49

See original post

And the water! Look how many people that drank water have since died. Most without a footnote about their lives.

Berghill
Obelixx says:

Yes.  I do it with brassicas cos they can lurk and hide in all the folds and nooks and crannies.   Next season I shall be netting them.

See original post

Nothing worse than critters in your crooks and nannies

Advertisement

Lyn

When I was a very little girl, (and that’s many years ago) my mum would never let me lick the cake mixture bowl, saying that I could get tummy ache from the raw flour.  Probably wasnt cleaned with bleach like it is now. 

Obelixx

Have to say the best naan reads I've ever eaten were home made from unbleached stone ground flour from the windmill in the village in Belgium.   

Berghill - so many crooks in a head of broccoli and Possum always seems to get the bit with livestock.   Always asks for shop bought now so I don't tell her if it's come form the garden.

fidgetbones

Broccoli this year have a few wrigglers. They start swimming when salted. Odd one makes it to a pan of boiling water and it then gets fished out.

Mike Allen

I wonder whatever happened to....COMMON SENSE!

B3

The trouble is - it isn't that common

I thought that most us have already worked out that the supply of common sense ran out in1970!

Berghill

I think this story is in the same category as the slime from Spanish slugs causing cars to skid and cyclists to fall off their bikes.

Have you all forgotten "you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die" and remember a peck is equivalent to 2 dry gallons or 16 dry pints by volume. Mind you if you did it all in one go the outcome would be pretty certain.  

Frank I was a wimp I washed my carrots in the rainwater tank behind the shed! Amoebic dysentery anyone- never got me. 

Ian R, Unwashed carrots must have given me an immune system to beat them all, those years I spent abroad never once did I have an upset stomach when all around were falling like flies. I would never have washed them in the water tank as Dad used it to make his home made fertiliser, he collected animal droppings in a sand bag then hung it in the tank for a week or so, he always had one tank ready and a cupful in a watering can did the trick. Mind you had to watch which cup you made your tea in at times.

Frank.

Kitty 2
hypercharleyfarley says:

I thought that most us have already worked out that the supply of common sense ran out in1970!

See original post

Oh no! . That means I missed out on getting a dose .

(explains a lot, I suppose  )

Wonder if I can get a booster jab on the NHS? 

Advertisement

B3

PG, I think your body sounds like antibody heaven. Perhaps you could donate an armful of blood to medical science for a share in the Nobel prize.

Last edited: 08 December 2017 12:12:39

lyn I am allergic to rubber, what shall I do!! hypercharliefarley "Eh missed out on a dose"!!! those of you of a "certain age" on here will know that in our youth, that meant getting an STI, or SDT! Hummmm

B3

That would make long distance phone calls easier though, Nanny.

josusa47

A young man I used to know got a job in a garden centre beside a river.  On his first day, he was shown two taps. "That one's drinking water," he was told, "and the other is river water for the plants.". Later, he was thirsty and went back to the taps.  Now, which did that man say was drinking water?  Common sense told him it was the bright shiny tap at chest height rather than the manky-looking tap nearer the ground.  He'd been drinking the river for several days before one of his workmates saw him take a drink and told him his mistake.  He suffered no harm, and said it tasted OK.

Wouldn't you think someone would have had the sense to label them?

Last edited: 08 December 2017 13:53:48

Hostafan1

I finished the milk yesterday, left in the fridge before holiday and use by Nov 26th. 
I've just had the last of the coleslaw " use by Nov 16th"  ( before we even left for holiday !)

I'd put money on still being around later .