Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Well, he won but.....

looks like Trump has won the battle between 2 unpopular candidates but it wont change anything.

That "wall" will not be built nor will any of his extreme measures be acted upon

Let's not knock the American people......for the huge majority a big change was needed.  They voted with hope in mind

no need for any of us to panic or indulge in any wild imaginings 

...just announced Trump has won !

Last edited: 09 November 2016 07:47:01

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,883

I am sure that he will have a group of people around him who will assist in making the right decisions about matters in hand. Neither candidate was outstanding and all I can say is I'm so glad I am not an American. They voted him in - warts and all - and it just gives me another reason as to why I should not bother going to America for a visit.

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Bright starBright star Posts: 1,153

Even without the baggage, Hilary would never have won. Simply the fact that she is a woman counted against her. Trump managed to win over the white male working class vote. A sad day indeed for America. 

Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• its not the end of the world, but it is likely to spell the end of the 'western' world as we have known it since the end of WW2 with respect to international relations and trade agreements etc. 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• Dave MorganDave Morgan Posts: 3,123

Americans have got what they deserve. The world however doesn't deserve the same fate.

• B3B3 Posts: 27,472

Obama wasn't allowed to do what he had wanted, unfortunately.  Maybe Trump' s plans will suffer the same fate.

In London. Keen but lazy.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I am glad I am not American. And if you think Trump is scary, look at his running mate!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/think-trump-is-scary-check-out-mike-pence-on-the-issues_us_57f137d5e4b095bd896a11db?slideshow=true 

Last edited: 09 November 2016 09:03:19

• punkdocpunkdoc Posts: 15,039

As usual Verdun you know all the answers.

How can you lie there and think of England
    When you don't even know who's in the team

S.Yorkshire/Derbyshire border