Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What are you sowing now?

Hey everyone.

Very quick question here...What are you sowing in the greenhouse just now? Or, if your not sowing, what can be sown now?

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

• LordswoodLordswood Posts: 59

Now is a good time to sow biennials.

I'm about to sow native foxgloves and some other biennials from leftover seed which may still be viable.

My project for the weekend is to go round the garden digging up (for growing on) self seeded foxgloves and evening primrose which pop up all over the place. Later I shall plant them in more appropriate positions.

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

It's too hot in the greenhouse for anything I sow. 

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • Oakley WitchOakley Witch Posts: 789

Too hot Nut? Thanks Lordswood. Im off to the garden centre later to get some new seeds image

• KatiejaneKatiejane Posts: 21

I find to start plants in the greenhouse then move them up to the allotment rather than sow seeds direct up there ( other than carrots and parsnips ), anyway in the nursery i have just start some more beetroot, baby leeks, and tenderstem broc.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 17,617

Time to sow biennials, bit early for wallflowers. get a tray of salad leaves, in. Pak choi. Start Kale plants to go in gaps when broad bean plants have finished.

Got my salads in and peas, beans, broccolli and onions.image

• LordswoodLordswood Posts: 59

Maybe it will too hot in your greenhouse Oakley Witch, but I live in the middle of a wood and my greenhouse is in partial shade for much of the day, so that didn't occur to me.

Ahh, ok. Thats fine then cause one is in full sun, other is in the shade of a tree so it is cooler than the first one. Just picked up some Foxglove Parviflora 'Milk Chocolate' which looks interesting and some white Delphiniums 'Galahad' Its raining here so I will be in the greenhouse this afternoon image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445
    Oakley Witch wrote (see)

Too hot Nut? Thanks Lordswood. Im off to the garden centre later to get some new seeds image

When I said too hot I meant it can get too hot, not that it has got too hot this yearimage

In the sticks near Peterborough