London (change)
Today 7°C / 2°C
Tomorrow 8°C / 7°C
41 to 60 of 251 messages
09/05/2013 at 10:45

I know what you mean it is getting very windy here and wet need to go rescue seed trays and bits gone all over place

Wintersong great pics nice garden

13/05/2013 at 23:08

Went around the garden placing plant labels to mark each plants location. In Autumn I plan to lift them all when I redesign the garden. I prefer to use these black T lables with a white marker..

http://www.marshalls-seeds.co.uk/images/products/product_4417.JPG

14/05/2013 at 06:45

Lovely pics wintersong - love the colour of that tulip.

Lead Farmer - I am about to switch from white to black labels, so they don't show up as much on the garden.  Found some on the internet, and my label printer also does black tape with white writing.  Mine will just be the lollipop stick sort though - yours looks very grand !!

14/05/2013 at 10:54

What super labels, I've been looking for black ones for ages and even asked about them in one of these threads. They are so much more discreet and all the garden open to the public use them. I live in France and most of the labels here are yellow.

14/05/2013 at 12:38

all the gardens look lovely, mine is terrible at the moment.  I am new to gardening so have an excuse!  spend the morning worrying about baby seedlings and brought them all in from outside.  Just hope they aren't a lost cause now!

14/05/2013 at 13:25

Don't worry Lisa-mine looks like ****!!

Weather playing havoc with everyone's seedlings and plants so you are not alone 

BL - there must be places online that have them- they are very smart. I ususally make a planting plan so that I know what's where. Trouble is I move stuff and don't update. Note to self: must try harder...

14/05/2013 at 14:12

Dashed to the greenhouse avoiding the deluge of rain by using an umbrella ,saw that the seedlings were growing and needed watering .I then ran back indoors and put the kettle on and thought good job I cut the grass yesterday.oops must run to the green house forgot to shut window ,howling gale is now in force.Where did summer go ?

14/05/2013 at 14:25

Today I went back to the GC to pick up two grow bags I bought yesterday but forgot to take with me .  Luckily they believed me!  Potted on my red cabbages (raised bed not built yet) and carried on painting my arbour.  Decided to do it in two shades, willow green and cream.  Seemed like a good idea - taking an age!  Also planted more salad.

14/05/2013 at 14:25

Same as the last 3 days collect plenty rain water oh this weather.

14/05/2013 at 14:38

I rushed around the garden checked bird feeders swapped some over and filled up and checked my seeds in greenhouse a slug was in there trying to eat my seeds chucked it in the garden away from my seedlings, weather is getting windy out as well as wet my water butts are filling up nicely as well.

I need to paint my raised bed again as not been painted for a while but with all this wet won't be doing that yet needs to be dry

14/05/2013 at 15:25

Yesterday I potted on a lot of babies. Today I brought them all into the cold GH so they don't get washed out of the pots in the expected heavy rain

14/05/2013 at 15:38

I planted out the runner beans and sowed more peas this morning.

14/05/2013 at 16:02

Potted up cosmos and godetia,was intending to put out runner beans,but torrential rain,and it is sooooo cold!

KEF
14/05/2013 at 16:45

Yet more weeding. Rediscovered my Astilbes, hand nearly faster than the brain, thought they were Hawthorn self sets..phew just in time.

Put in new Dicentra, ordinary & white one..no show this year, prob' weeded them out! Really I  think they got choked with roots of a white Spiraea.

Uncovered the Gunnera and Mr / Mrs Robin was my big friend for over an hour, so many worms, grubs etc. Wouldn't mind but it nests next door.

Tried hardening beans off, except lazy runners which are in Conserv' germinating, first lot rotted..not much luck too windy they were getting a battering & I don't have a cold frame..note to myself another job for willing assistant gardener.

Been to dumpit with stuff not suitable for compost, green bin rather full.

Planted a Californian Poppy ??!!! ?/ given to Mum by her hairdresser..could be anything. Waste not want not I say.

Other bits & bobs..I decide to have 5 mins and then see something to do / look at / and original job on hold for half hour.

Forgotten to turn compost bins, damn, but not going out in rain.

14/05/2013 at 17:10

Not long in but my parcel of agastache Blue Boa has arrived.  Perfect condition and ready to go into the garden

14/05/2013 at 17:28

Hope today went well  Verd and you enjoy your new acquisition 

What have I done in my garden today......spilt bird food.....

And not much else....hailstones again...ho hum

Drawings are coming on though 

14/05/2013 at 17:31

Hiya fairygirl

Yes nice busy day thanks.  Don't bring your hailstorms down here.  Not too bad right now.

Hope you are well and your wand is in good working order

14/05/2013 at 17:36

From yesterday morning 2 water butts which where as good as empty are now full got in from work at 4.30 it was sunny. So i put out 3 load of washing that was sitting guess what there's a spit of rain now just can't win. Now going to re pot a few young fuchsia's before dinner then start building another planter for the back door.

14/05/2013 at 18:56

...I went to a nursery highlighted by 'Artjak' I think it was, on the Map thread...  lots of unusual plants mostly under cover...

I bought a Gooseberry 'Hinnonmaki Red'...  a very hardy variety, so I'm told,  plus a couple of  alpine Phlox's...,

I also ordered from Ebay - delivery is quite expensive but they had the plants I wanted... so look forward to those... I think that's still gardening isn't it...?

14/05/2013 at 19:56

Salino, isn't it fun looking at unusual,plants?  Got a nice pale blue alpine phlox floweriing now.

Yes getting plants is still gardenIng....good isnt it ?

41 to 60 of 251 messages