Today 25°C / 16°C
Tomorrow 24°C / 16°C
101 to 120 of 251 messages
24/05/2013 at 21:23

nothing at all. Very hopeful for the weekend though

24/05/2013 at 21:37

Nothing outside but planted up some Fuchsia plugs that arrived today

25/05/2013 at 08:21

Nothing yeaterday,apart from trying to reattach the wisteria to the arch where it had blown off in the wind.

25/05/2013 at 12:40

What a great day here just steam cleaned the patio and put my tubs in their final places on the patio and built the new patio set so think me and my good lady when she comes in from work will be having dinner outside it's that hot.

25/05/2013 at 17:44

Made the most of the glorious weather,put out runner and french beans,so I.ve got a bit more room in the greenhse for yet more potting up.

Washed down the garden furniture in the hope of sitting on it tomorrow.

25/05/2013 at 18:29

At last the sun has shown its face and I have been in the garden most of the day. Planted some sweet william and cosmos out into the garden and some pot marigold. I've potted on into larger pots my new fucshias. It is so nice to see the sun and have it little warmer. I don't want to alarm anybody but I was in the garden without my coat and hat today. 

25/05/2013 at 18:38

Cold, 5° and wet this morning, 9° and very windy this afternoon. Hoovered house and have just potted up a load of annuals into bigger pots for a charity plant sale I'm having at a tea time garden party here  on the 8th. Hope it doesn't rain. Usually does!

25/05/2013 at 18:49

...1/2 hour weeding.....1/4 hour fussing in the greenhouse...

...20 minutes cup of tea on terrace...

10 hours walking around looking at it... - I have a vast acreage...

...for an ant..

25/05/2013 at 19:44

Without a coat and hat donutsmrs....steady on!

I got some fence planks painted- had to mix the paint to a suitable colour first as the green is too light so added some dark brown. It looks ok- I hate that red stuff that seems to be everywhere. Got some put on so fence is taking shape. Did more posts as they arrived on Friday. Got a few things replanted and did some general tidying. Salad crops are at last starting to grow a bit- the cold really has held them back.

Did you find the ant Salino??

Hope everyone has a good day - looking forward to hearing all the news!

25/05/2013 at 19:46

Spent a lovely afternoon out, not done a lot ...generally admiring everything in the sun. Agapanthos planted out and also a Lupin cutting, took it from a lovely purple one 7 weeks ago so now got another one

Moved a lot of stuff about and made more space in the frames

25/05/2013 at 20:12

I know Fairygirl, brave or what?

25/05/2013 at 20:16
donutsmrs wrote (see)

I know Fairygirl, brave or what?

positively reckless!!

25/05/2013 at 20:32

Ok I admit it, I'm just a southern softie.

25/05/2013 at 20:32
Salino wrote (see)

...1/2 hour weeding.....1/4 hour fussing in the greenhouse...

...20 minutes cup of tea on terrace...

10 hours walking around looking at it... - I have a vast acreage...

...for an ant..

Sounds a totally escellent day Salino

25/05/2013 at 20:35

I got a lot more plants out of pots and into the garden. Another couple of days like that and I'd just have the babies to look after in the pots.

25/05/2013 at 20:38

OH cleared out the garage this week because we saw a rat in the garden, The result was a neat, clean garage and a horrible mess in the garden. Today, he cleaned the house and I sorted the garden. Now that's what I call a fair division of labour! It nearly killed me, but I haven't seen the garden looking so neat for years. I suppose there's something to thank that rat for! And no more bait is being taken, so we think he's gone.

25/05/2013 at 20:59

Potted on my tomatoes at last.  I've no greenhouse so they've sulked on the windowsill while it's been so cold.  Planted out cavolo nero  seedlings, sowed runner beans, emptied  one of the compost bins, really pleased with the contents.  Next door's cat , (we call him Rentacat), came for a cuddle and a few leaves of catmint. A lovely day all round.    

25/05/2013 at 21:04
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Sounds a totally escellent day Salino

...I'm glad you agree... I just need a new pair of shoes...

25/05/2013 at 21:12

I've just been for a walk round. Getting a bit dim now (the light, but probably me as well). The birds are singing, heard a cuckoo, don't think I got mozzied, I shall know by tomorrow.

25/05/2013 at 21:33

Saw a huuuge Blue Jay in the pear tree. Built 7' high narrow tunnel for runner beans, planted out 26 given by kind neighbour who over-ordered. Planted out; 12 celery, 12 purple sprouting broccoli, checked the radishes; they aren't developing properly yet, checked the garlic planted last autumn; neither elephant nor ordinary have split into cloves. This happened once before, but I don't know why. Shame because I love pickling elephant garlic in white balsamic. Moved 250 litres of compost into 2 huge Marshalls grow bag thingys, mixed it with Perlite, sand and pongy chicken manure pellets. Planted out 12 tomatoes in these bags in a really sunny, warm area. Washed all the empty pots and seed trays. Trimmed the lawn edge. I absolutely adore working in the garden, days like this are just bliss

101 to 120 of 251 messages