London (change)
Today 10°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 12°C / 11°C
6 messages
06/07/2013 at 16:12

What kind of busy lizzie is this. And info on how to look after it would be appreciated.

http://s4.gardenersworld.com/uploads/images/original/26871.jpg?width=272&height=350&mode=max

If my pictures dont get sent this time then i will give up and go back to being a moron.

06/07/2013 at 16:15

now i know what to do (thanks Pam) if you want another different pic then i will send it out.

06/07/2013 at 16:17
06/07/2013 at 16:20

so NOT a busy lizzie?. mmmmm. looks ike i better google it and find out what to do. Althouh your link will be great!

Many thanks dovefromabove.

06/07/2013 at 17:47

Unusual to see them flowering this time of year Kevvo - they  usually flower in the winter, then die off in the summer to re-emerge as the months get cooler.

06/07/2013 at 19:22

''Unusual to see them flowering this time of year Kevvo - they  usually flower in the winter, then die off in the summer to re-emerge as the months get cooler'.

Precisely Dovefromabove. i read all the gen in the link you gave me and it repeated that over and over again. I see that this plant has a lot of the associations of a busy lizzie, like half brothers really!

But this is still all very complicated to me. I have a very vague recollection of going in the shop and asking for a plant that flowered all the year round, this is what i bought! Yet cyclamens are not like that are they? But it did mention the fact that florists cyclamens (potted variety) are different from the other wilder type. Maybe that is it?

I knew nothing about cyclamens before today, I am now going to write a book and to see if channel 4 wil give me a weekly half hour show on cyclamen cutivation. I now consider myslf an expert.

I wish! 

Thank you once again for your help. Much appreciated

Kev.

email image
6 messages