London (change)
Today 13°C / 10°C
Tomorrow 13°C / 9°C
21 to 40 of 167 messages
07/04/2013 at 21:06
Zoomer I have just received a pm demanding I say who suggested I disown a member of the forum.
I don't like this breakaway group and my reply said this. ,I also asked why they continue to try and take the membership from GW forum. A new forum is great but it's unethical to take another forum's hard- earned membership like this. Most of he members do not know just what is happening right now.
The result I'll be that this forum will be damaged maybe lost
I don't like these pms right now from these people and PUBLICLY ask them to stop
07/04/2013 at 21:07
nutcutlet wrote (see)

Don't go away folks. I'd be lonely now without you all.

Just ignore the crap. I do

My sentiments too.  I'm fairly new to the forum & have been really enjoying the experience.  I would be disappointed if people stopped using this forum.  I have learned so much in a short time and with a few giggles too.     

07/04/2013 at 21:10
I've got a darning needle!
07/04/2013 at 21:12

I don't think we'll be damaged Verdun, we're stronger than that. 

07/04/2013 at 21:15

Zoomer, are you guys twins??? 

Verdun. Ignore it, report them. This has to stop. Where are the admin or moderators for the site? They can surely see whats going on? Is it not there job to sort this kind of thing out?

Dont get upset about it  These people are small minded and are acting very childish. 

07/04/2013 at 21:15
Don't worry about it Verdun, one good thing about the cyber world is that you can be in more than one place at the same time. Relax and enjoy GW, it's not going anywhere. I would put a big smiley, but the iPad won't let me. I think you are in need of a cyber hug and a there there.
07/04/2013 at 21:24

These recent troubles are both alarming and ridiculous. I come here for gardening chat with gardening folk and nothing more.

We can't be expected to like everyone, nor should we try. If offended by another's candor just remember that their English skills may not be the best, their humour might not match yours, their personality is lost to the ether. Typing something is not the same as saying it. Their inflexions are lost, there is no expression in face or voice, thats why there is a strict code of language on radio communication, to decrease the risk of misunderstanding.

Please stop this segregation, we are grown ups for heaven's sake. If you choose to use this forum, then be a part of it, not apart of it.

07/04/2013 at 21:27

Here here winter. I agree. Lets move on. The people that are wanting to segregate are welcome to. Hopefully GW will be a much happier place where gardening is the topic. This is becoming like facecloth lol 

07/04/2013 at 21:28

I really hope the weather keeps improving, it's not snowed here for at least a week!

Think if I were one of the moderators, I'd ask whoever has made the 'breakaway' forum to stop sending PM's to folk, it either needs to be open to everyone (by a thread inviting all), or they need to stop using GW forums as a vehicle for selective recruitment.  After all, if everyone boogies off to the new site, the last one here willl be asked to turn out the lights as they leave!

This has me paranoid now - I don't *think* it's me that folk have been asked to disown, (I think I know who it is, as there was some forking unpleasantness recently), but now I'm not sure.  I'm mostly harmless.  However, when feeling threatened, rather like my namesakes, I DO bite. Hard.

07/04/2013 at 21:33
Wet and soapy Sam??? LOL? What' going o. In your garden then? Only primroses out in mine. How different to this time last year.
Lyn
07/04/2013 at 21:35
Hey Sam, i know someone who uses facebook just because he is a musician and needs it for business, he and his family call it arse book.
07/04/2013 at 21:36
BTW, you look very cool in your avatar, wintersong.
07/04/2013 at 21:37
I reckon our garden is at least 3 weeks later flowering than last year!
When we do get a bit of warmth the garden will explode with colour
Pam LL x
07/04/2013 at 21:37

I refuse to feel paranoid about Internet chat forums where the subject should be gardening and excuse me if I happen to mention a plant someone doesn't like or refer to my patch of ground a little too enthusiastically or whatever the original grievance was.

I am feeling in the dark here because I try to steer clear of the spats, so I don't really have a clue how it all started, except the FORKERS incident. 

But I am a trifle fed up with it all so I felt the need to have a moment.

Besides that, I don't much care if it is me who is being secretly disowned, I have nothing to feel ashamed about, in this ere forum anyways.

07/04/2013 at 21:39
That's what Monty said on Friday's GW...'when Spring happens, it will explode!' so looking forward to it.
07/04/2013 at 21:41
Pennine Petal wrote (see)
BTW, you look very cool in your avatar, wintersong.

Gosh

07/04/2013 at 21:41
I agree Pam and we are usually 2 weeks behind other up here on the Pennines. My garden is looking very bear at the moment. What about you Winterson? How's your garden faring?
07/04/2013 at 21:42

Any day now figrat. 12C here today. Just need the night frosts to stop. 

07/04/2013 at 21:42
Lilylouise wrote (see)
I reckon our garden is at least 3 weeks later flowering than last year!
When we do get a bit of warmth the garden will explode with colour
Pam LL x

True for my garden Lilylouise. I keep records every year to chart the progress I make and my garden is about four weeks behind last year.

07/04/2013 at 21:44

The invitations were sent to some individuals and not to others, based on whether they were approved by one individual, no doubt in consultation with one or two others. They were sent by pm on this forum in an inappropriate, secret way.  Why wasn't there a public invitation?

Those who were invited will no doubt enjoy the new forum, but that does not make what happened right. However, it has happened and we who were not invited will survive. Those who were invited and  declined were honourable in their intent and, in my view, they were right.

It has happened. It was not nice but it is over. Time to move on.

21 to 40 of 167 messages