London (change)
Today 11°C / 3°C
Tomorrow 7°C / 3°C
1 to 20 of 167 messages
07/04/2013 at 19:12

I'm not on here as much due to my business and being in the garden but I have come on this evening to have a wee nose about and have found quite a lot of agitation. What has happened to the forum? 

There seems to be bickering or squabbling in a load of the threads. People seem to be turning on each other and being very picky. Have I missed something when I have been away? Has there been a mass slpit? 

Even down to people having a go about Internet etiquette. This means this and that means that. Goodness. Its like a nursery...and not a plant one 

Lyn
07/04/2013 at 19:21
Thats why there was a split, i would imagine Sam
07/04/2013 at 19:25

Goodness Lyn.

I have just read the thread of 'No Private Club' I too was asked to join but thought it was an extension of advice if you like. I didnt realise it was as its been explained in the latter mentioned thread.

07/04/2013 at 19:35

Now if I told you that Sam, I'd have to shoot you either that...or... I'd be shot down myself

Not caught up on todays events but it wasn't very pleasant yesterday, I was thinking of taking a break from the forum. Don't think posters realise the impact these negative intersctions are having on poster who just come on site to talk 'gardening'.

Seems, there are quite alot of issues  

Lyn
07/04/2013 at 19:37
Absolutely right Zoomer,
07/04/2013 at 19:39

I have to say that I have noticed it Zoomer. Just looking through things this evening Im quite shocked at how some have been treated. I have had a couple knock me down when I first came on here but I just stayed strong (Although, at first...I felt very unwelcome)

07/04/2013 at 19:53
Sam, I was asked to join too if I disowned a particular member publicly
There is a big effort to close the forum down. If we didn't speak up you wouldn't have known.
I too am beginning to feel like giving up now
07/04/2013 at 20:11

I don't go on Faceache or Twittering but I do visit a few Garden forums.

I first joined the BBC Gardening Forum way back in 2006 and have seen a lot of comings and goings since then - most of the garden forums I visit are ones that have broken away from others - it is human nature to squabble etc. but I try to keep out of it - life is far too short. I like to talk to likeminded people about gardening and maybe have a giggle along the way but nastiness and sniping I can do without. I love it here but I also love the new forum,too.Everyone has a free will - they can do or not do, as they please - it is up to them to do what makes them happy.I do what makes me happy

Pam LL x

07/04/2013 at 20:16

Hehe faceache...we call it facecloth up here 

I agree Pam. Do what makes you feel good and happy. I don't do cliques or them and us. I'm happy to wander through life nodding and smiling at people. Verdun, I don't agree with 'disowning anyone. Its all about personal choice. I'm quite cozy here but will venture over to the others sometime. 

Anyways. I have found this site a huge help and enjoy popping in every now and again

07/04/2013 at 20:19

Hi Sam, good to see you Yes there has been a lot of bickering/unpleasantness and loss of manners. Like you I see the invite as just somewhere else to go and chat about gardening.

Will never use the term internet etiquette again

07/04/2013 at 20:27
I disagree Verdun, no efforts to close GW down. I am active on both and will continue to be. Let's just draw a line under this and get on with what we're here for, garden talk, chattingandsupporting each other.
07/04/2013 at 20:33

HOOLLIEEEEE... Thankyou hun. Im doin a bit better now. Hoping its going back in remission again  Dont be daft about the etiquette...if Im honest, I spent about 20 mins on the phone to my sister finding out what everything meant hehehe 

07/04/2013 at 20:39

Don't go away folks. I'd be lonely now without you all.

Just ignore the crap. I do

07/04/2013 at 20:44

Awww, you big softie Nut 

We wont leave you. If we go anywhere...we will smuggle you with us in the suitcase 

07/04/2013 at 20:47

It would appear I'm one of the 'out crowd' as I was never invited in with the 'in crowd'.

That is appalling Verdun to be asked to disown a particular member publicly, can't image anyone who posts on here who deserves that kind of treatment, if people are not happy with a poster they can post direct to the people who run the site.

Like you Pam, I joined the forum several years ago and like the easy way we can interact with like minded gardeners. I don't go on face book or twitter.

If this site does close and you find a good one do post me a PM would be happy to join you and that goes for anyone in the out crowd. And on that note I'll put on my coat.   

07/04/2013 at 20:48

I think we are all suffering from 'cabin fever' because the weather has been so vile. Over the last 2 or 3 weeks I have forced myself to go out in all weathers and tidy/ plant stuff in the greenhouse and generally get organised for when it does get warmer. I feel much better for it; can recomend it

07/04/2013 at 20:49

I think all the difficulties came to a head Friday and Saturday morning - since everything came out in the open everyone seems much happier here - I vote we move onwards and upwards  

07/04/2013 at 20:51

I sorted through my seeds artjak. Lots of times. Made notes. Made the labels. Planned. Today I finally sowed some

Thanks Sam, I'll be OK now

07/04/2013 at 20:53

Ohhh, I like the idea of being in the out crowd lol. Art...not seen you in a while,  but that could be as I havent been on much lol Have you done that composting course yet???

Its nice to see everyone has calmed down Dove 

07/04/2013 at 21:04

On a lighter note there is another exclusive club  which Verdun and I are members of, it's a club with no face but you do need to have brown hair and wear a blue T-Shirt

Was just leaving, will get my coat.

1 to 20 of 167 messages