Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

What if you rant about your neighbour and

Dear Forum Members

I was just wondering, has it ever happened that when forum members have posted pictures of our neighbour’s ghastly sheds, conservatories, outhouses, illegal brickwork constructions etc that the same neighbour has actually been a member of this very same forum and recognised the picture of their own monstrosities and read the expletive-ridden tirade accompanying it?!

Just a thought –

The Grateful Deadhead  image

• Not as far as I know, but I am only new image

It came to mind because I have a current thread up and running which shows pictures of my neighbour's shed, and as far as I know, she is an avid gardener (the garden is very neat and well tended) and for all I know, she is a member of this forum and is reading this now. For all know, you are her image but I do not believe I have said anything wrong, only that we want more privacy, which is nothing particularly personal. Give me time image

It was a general comment, and I bet in this crazy world, stranger things have happened!

• Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Hi GD, it's strange you should post this thread as I was only thinking the same thing today! I posted a thread last weekend about huge neighbours shed but was diplomatic about it image Anyway i have worried this week wether she is a member or not and it would be so obvious from my profile it was me but she is on holiday and I'm hoping my post will be long gone time she getsback from hols and ever joins the forum image

• bekkie hughesbekkie hughes Posts: 5,294
    Im more likely to be the one talked about! I hear people go down the street moaning about my hedge! image
  • Beaus MumBeaus Mum Posts: 3,554

Oh Bekkie I thought of such a good reply to you that I'm sitting here in bed laughing out loud! Can't post it though lol image

• Orchid LadyOrchid Lady Posts: 5,800

Not a rant about a neighbour but my bezzie mate (who we are going to Carfest with) told me the other day she had read some posts of mine about mice and chillies! Still felt a bit strange although obviously not bad.  A close family member once googled me (yes really!!!) and read rants about other issues when I was on FB and it was a public post......made me realise how open the internet is image

• nutcutletnutcutlet Posts: 27,445

I never post anything than can be identifiedimage

In the sticks near Peterborough
  • No Verdun, I was not worried for myself. I just wondered if it was something that had happened to others. I am careful to publish only that which I'm comfortable with. Also, I don't go by the name Grateful Deadhead in my offline life believe it or not image

Any idea how many forum members there are?

• star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654

If anyone got caught out it would probably be me, but not because the neighbours gardens are messy etc but because the neighbour 3 doors down little darling screams nearly all day, and she never gets told to be quieter image  Looking forward to when they go on their summer hols......2 weeks of silence.......bliss.

• artjakartjak Posts: 4,167

Grateful D, I think there are a lot of forum members, but I don't think that many of them post on threads unless they have a specific gardening problemimage